rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
It's a bunch of current/recently graduated Yale medical students. Now, I'm sure they're smart and what not, but I don't know if they should have a lot of say in FA. I'm curious how much the 2 main authors contribute compared to all the Yale students. I know it helps to have students who just took the test help out, but Idk...

I think I understand why FA is full of so many errors now...it basically is students like me being paid to edit a book. I'd get bored real fast and would make countless errors haha.

Now...if the contributing authors don't actually do any writing, then nevermind. I put all the blame on the 2 physicians who put out the same book every year and fail to correct the countless mistakes.

In comparison, Pathoma is practically brand new, written by one man, and has barely any mistakes. Just a thought. ;) Despite all the FA errors, though, it still is the best review book and really does seem to have nearly everything in it. Every super hard UWorld question appears in FA...at times it feels UWorld just opened up FA and started writing questions based on every paragraph haha.

beeitchness

5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
They make errors in each FA edition because they've made bank from selling FA for many years. There's less incentive to maintain quality.

Jun 14, 2010
Status
They probably keep the fixed electronic copy for themselves and leave the masses with a hard copy which never seems to have old errata fixed/included. Props to them though for being organized enough to do it. I know it was in color and everything this year, but I am waiting for the 3D version. I want to be able to put on those glasses and see things in eye popping color. :laugh:

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That will just distract you from actually memorizing the text ;p

jumpmanv15

5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2012
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
It's a bunch of current/recently graduated Yale medical students. Now, I'm sure they're smart and what not, but I don't know if they should have a lot of say in FA. I'm curious how much the 2 main authors contribute compared to all the Yale students. I know it helps to have students who just took the test help out, but Idk...

I think I understand why FA is full of so many errors now...it basically is students like me being paid to edit a book. I'd get bored real fast and would make countless errors haha.

Now...if the contributing authors don't actually do any writing, then nevermind. I put all the blame on the 2 physicians who put out the same book every year and fail to correct the countless mistakes.

In comparison, Pathoma is practically brand new, written by one man, and has barely any mistakes. Just a thought. ;) Despite all the FA errors, though, it still is the best review book and really does seem to have nearly everything in it. Every super hard UWorld question appears in FA...at times it feels UWorld just opened up FA and started writing questions based on every paragraph haha.
I feel like its the other way around.

Aug 15, 2009
here
Status
Pre-Medical
there are so many stupid errors this year - they mislabeled the nephron and their basal ganglia pathways are miscolored - red for stimulation and green for inhibition.. makes it damn confusing... i don't understand - don't they just copy and paste basically from the year before? how do you just mislabel the nephron?