ever meet anyone famous working at a retail pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossjb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was timing out Wednesday night, glance up, and guess who I meet face-to-face? Robert Porcher, a former NFL defensive end and childhood hero! I shook his hand and got an autograph on my drug description handbook... :p

It felt pretty surreal. :)

Members don't see this ad.

The only famous person that I've met at my pharmacy is a former Phoenix television 'celebrity' from the 70's and 80's. (No, not the one in my avatar.)

Members don't see this ad :)
be careful you don't violate any HIPAA regulations on this thread

haphu3b said:
be careful you don't violate any HIPAA regulations on this thread
i believe knowing they were picking up a prescription is a HIPPA violation as well.....

isn't that why there is no more intercoming about rxs....

CVS here said... please return to the pharmacy to pick up your package.....
lol

bbmuffin said:
i believe knowing they were picking up a prescription is a HIPPA violation as well.....

To clarify, Porcher was NOT picking up a prescription. He was shopping in the retail portion of our store.

Good point on HIPPA though -- ignore this post y'all... :D

crossjb said:
To clarify, Porcher was NOT picking up a prescription. He was shopping in the retail portion of our store.

Good point on HIPPA though -- ignore this post y'all... :D
lol
or
who famous have you seen in a regular store....... like a drug store.... or wal mart....

i have seen billy bob thorton in a cracker barrel

Colin Powell

I saw NATE DOGG, and I was on the phone with him the other day too. I was like " hold up....... hey..." ( his part in next episode)

mel brooks and ann bancroft before she passed.

pharmeronadell said:
I filled a Paxil script for Tom Cruise once. Oh, wait...no, it was Lithium. No, no...okay, so I just dumped some Lasix in his coffee. Sue me. :eek:

HaHa... After all "Tom Cruise's" extensive research on those drugs...

Tom Cruise is a jackass haha

Talked to Andre Wadsworth (fomer Defensive End as well) about his knee rehab and his try at a comeback. He needed an OTC for his child.

I'm a tech in Orlando and Mel Martinez (Florida senator) has filled a couple things there. He's from Orlando BTW. And his Mom is a regular... she's so cute and you can't understand a word she says! HA
BTW, his federal RX coverage isn't as great as you might think. He actually has to meet a deductible like the rest of us! :D

We had a doctor call in a prescription for someone pretty famous (and very rich$$$) in my city. The pharmacist had no idea who it was until I started filling the Rx. I was like is it THE person who I think it is? The pharmacist was then like "ohhh, so that's why the doctor was like 'there's only one' of this patient" when she asked him to verify the date of birth and name.

I had to leave before the patient arrived to pick up the medicine, but the pharmacist, after I told her who the patient was and why they were famous/important, noticed that it was strange that this person didn't have bodyguards or anything and seemed very normal. Strange because this pharmacy we were at is in downtown and near a lot of not so reputable people that hang out, and this person could have been easily mugged considering how recognizable they are.

crossjb said:
I was timing out Wednesday night, glance up, and guess who I meet face-to-face? Robert Porcher, a former NFL defensive end and childhood hero! I shook his hand and got an autograph on my drug description handbook... :p

It felt pretty surreal. :)

i'm not working at a pharmacy but here's some that i've met at work:

black eye peas (they were really cool)

jude law (well-spoken, good looking man)

cindy crawford

former vice president dan quayle (didn't even know who he was... hehehe)

paula abdul (she seemed to be crying when i saw her...)

avril lavigne (has attitude)

BiTurboBoiRx said:
i'm not working at a pharmacy but here's some that i've met at work:

black eye peas (they were really cool)

jude law (well-spoken, good looking man)

cindy crawford

former vice president dan quayle (didn't even know who he was... hehehe)

paula abdul (she seemed to be crying when i saw her...)

avril lavigne (has attitude)

Wow. Well, given that you're from Westwood, I'm not too surprised. :laugh: Where is this? I wanna go stake out for them celebs! :laugh:

cheesygal said:
Wow. Well, given that you're from Westwood, I'm not too surprised. :laugh: Where is this? I wanna go stake out for them celebs! :laugh:

i can't really say where i work or what i do. but i can tell you that i met all of the them in the city that you live in. =)

I have you all beat HULK HOGAN OHH YEAH.

lharms said:
I have you all beat HULK HOGAN OHH YEAH.

I talked to Hulk Hogan on Clearwater Beach here in Florida many years ago, he was filming some movie, can't even remember the name of it.

I have met former president Jimmy Carter and former US Attorney General Judge Griffin Bell through work.

Ben Jelen (singer), Miranda Lambert (country singer) and Dierks Bentley (very handsome! country singer) :laugh:

Also, my boyfriend's dad has an airport and Harrison Ford flew in there.. isn't that amazing? I wish I was there!