Ever wonder...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Northerner

Coquettish Haberdasher
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone ever wonder if admissions committee members ever happen to peruse our postings here on SDN? I was thinking about this the other day and realized it certainly is plausible and perhaps even a good idea to see what we say about them, schools, and to have insight into the twisted psyche that is the medical school applicant.

On an unrelated topic, I feel that being a member of an admissions committee is just about the greatest decision a person can make, and hope to one day aspire to these heights of excellence. I have found them to be more physically attractive to the opposite sex, and while we use phrases like, "oh yeah" and "come here a minute", they speak in an educated, intelligent manner. I will support this contention in any subsequent interviews that I might be a party to from here on out.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this exact same thing got posted last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
wasnt there a thread exactly like this awhile back

Originally posted by Northerner
while we use phrases like, "oh yeah" and "come here a minute", they speak in an educated, intelligent manner.

That is one of my favorite Simpsons quotes.. I really like homers response.
Kent:while we use phrases like, "oh yeah" and "come here a minute", they speak in an educated, intelligent manner.

Homer: oh yeah... Bart come here a minute

Bart: No, you come here a minute

Homer: Oh yeah (shaking fist)

ps. I feel the same way about ADCOMs

If they really did browse SDN, do you think I would still be holding an acceptance to medical school?

Are you having to reapply this year then?

i wanna be an admissions committee member! but, i don't want to be on the faculty and all that.

I know of one certain school in which the Director of Admissions does read these boards. How do I know this? Someone posted some stuff about the day that he/she interviewed at the school. It was somewhat negative in regards to a certain interviewer and all of us that interviewed that day got an e-mail from the Admissions Director asking whoever posted it to remove their comments. They said that they would be checking to see if it was done!:eek:

It did get removed within 24 hours! I never really and truly believed that they paid that much attention to these boards until I got that e-mail. Thank goodness I was not the one who posted it. Ha! Ha!

Originally posted by Medical123
I know of one certain school in which the Director of Admissions does read these boards. How do I know this? Someone posted some stuff about the day that he/she interviewed at the school. It was somewhat negative in regards to a certain interviewer and all of us that interviewed that day got an e-mail from the Admissions Director asking whoever posted it to remove their comments. They said that they would be checking to see if it was done!:eek:

It did get removed within 24 hours! I never really and truly believed that they paid that much attention to these boards until I got that e-mail. Thank goodness I was not the one who posted it. Ha! Ha!

Holy tomatoes! I definitely know they read this website - absolutely. But to go this far is really kind of creepy. I mean, it is still a free country as far as I know ... of course, if I had been the poster I might have tried to fluff it a little or I would've waited a couple of days or something.

I'm really wondering what school it was?

On the other hand, I have seen the NAME of an adcom of an 'anonymous' school (ahem) here in these forums and if I recall correctly s/he (more anonymity ... ) was pretty grouchy in their comments !! :laugh: It was weird.

I wouldn't bother to read this site if I was an adcom, what the h*ll, you know people are going to be all ove rthe place so why bother? It'd be like going into a bar on a Friday night, could get rough in there ...

In response to the OP, the answer is YES- at least for SUNY Upstate. I posted a link to a student affairs 'admissions report to the faculty senate' in our HPA thread, and it was made private less than a week later. Restricted to campus computers only.

Also the director of admissions told us she reads SDN interview feedback, and after that blocking incident I doubt that's all she reads..:eek:

Big Sam is watching YOU...
SHOCKED.gif