Every patient deserves an RN.. Oh the hypocrisy..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

46Long

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
p0pz06cdp2v41.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Wow. That’s irony to the next level.

I support CNA and PCAs! Enemies of my enemy is my friend.

Reactions: 14 users
Wow. That’s irony to the next level.

I support CNA and PCAs! Enemies of my enemy is my friend.
Don't forget the real heroes, L.P.N.s

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At least their association is standing up for them...

Reactions: 3 users
I've actually run into a fair number of career ICU RNs and PACU RNs who take pride in their job and who despise CRNAs (and fledgling ICU RNs who are only there so they can go to "anesthesia school"). These RNs are the sort who know that CRNAs and a bunch of other APRNs are just pretenders and actually call the MD when there's something important going on with the patient.

Reactions: 21 users
I've actually run into a fair number of career ICU RNs and PACU RNs who take pride in their job and who despise CRNAs (and fledgling ICU RNs who are only there so they can go to "anesthesia school"). These RNs are the sort who know that CRNAs and a bunch of other APRNs are just pretenders and actually call the MD when there's something important going on with the patient.

True. Doesn't stop their state and national organizations from supporting the CRNA agenda. Ever hear of a career PACU or ICU RNs writing letters saying that the difference in education and training between CRNAs and Anesthesiologists matters? Me neither.

Reactions: 13 users
Most of them are old (school).

The ones that are being produced have been brainwashed and indoctrinated into thinking that nurses are just another form of doctors, hence it's normal to pursue further education and try replacing the latter. The amount of lip I get from Millennial or Zoomer ICU nurses is greater by degrees of magnitude.

• Haha
Most of them are old (school).

The ones that are being produced have been brainwashed and indoctrinated into thinking that nurses are just another form of doctors, hence it's normal to pursue further education and try replacing the latter. The amount of lip I get from Millennial or Zoomer ICU nurses is greater by degrees of magnitude.

This is one of the few times I agree 100% with your old man "Get off my lawn you damn Millenial!!" schtick :D

Give me one of the battle-hardened 20 yr vet ICU RNs any day

Reactions: 6 users
This is one of the few times I agree 100% with your old man "Get off my lawn you damn Millenial!!" schtick :D

Give me one of the battle-hardened 20 yr vet ICU RNs any day
I honestly don't feel this is just about being young and radical; that would be forgivable. They have been brainwashed into thinking they are our professional equals and/or that they are fighting the good feminist fight against the longtime "exploitation" by male physicians. It's also spreading to the older generations (anybody who doesn't know yet how little they know).

The only nurses who are still respectful to good doctors are usually those passionate about patient care, for whom nursing is truly a calling, not a cushy job.

Reactions: 9 users
I honestly don't feel this is just about being young and radical; that would be forgivable. They have been brainwashed into thinking they are our professional equals and/or that they are fighting the good feminist fight against the longtime "exploitation" by male physicians. It's also spreading to the older generations (anybody who doesn't know yet how little they know).

The only nurses who are still respectful to good doctors are usually those passionate about patient care, for whom nursing is truly a calling, not a cushy job.

The hotshot younger male RNs are just as bad, if not worse. Likely because a higher percentage of them are definitely going the CRNA or APRN route.

Reactions: 5 users
Agreed. As much as I want to bash these nurses, I have to say, they are not CRNAs.
I have seen how some CRNAs treat their fellow RNs. It’s quite disgusting. They act so elitist, like they were never in their shoes. They really look down on them.

Reactions: 4 users
Agreed. As much as I want to bash these nurses, I have to say, they are not CRNAs.
I have seen how some CRNAs treat their fellow RNs. It’s quite disgusting. They act so elitist, like they were never in their shoes. They really look down on them.

Oh yeah, just look at how nasty the entire CRNA community was when it was suggested they be utilized as ICU RNs if a huge need arose. They were beyond awful about it - showed everyone exactly what they think of “nursing” as a profession.

Reactions: 12 users
We recently hired a new CRNA. There’s no way they will still be here in a couple years time. This isn’t the practice for them, and I’m not sure why they would accept the job. We’re pretty clear about the deal, and it’s not going to change.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been a nurse before and I don’t treat nurses like crap unless they give me a reason.
Mutual respect goes a long way.

Reactions: 9 users
Oh yeah, just look at how nasty the entire CRNA community was when it was suggested they be utilized as ICU RNs if a huge need arose. They were beyond awful about it - showed everyone exactly what they think of “nursing” as a profession.
I once shaved one of my ICU patients, as an attending (the young nurse was ignoring the fact that the poor guy didn't have a mirror, or water to rinse his BIC razor, and was just irritating and cutting himself). It was a lot of oohs and aahs from the nurse, you shouldn't have blah-blah. WTF is so hard to do what's right for the patient?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 users
I once shaved one of my ICU patients, as an attending (the dumb young nurse was ignoring the fact that the poor guy didn't have a mirror, or water to rinse his BIC razor, and was just irritating and cutting himself). It was a lot of ooohs and aaahs, you shouldn't have blah-blah. WTF is so hard to do what's right for the patient, instead of chatting?

Where did you shave him?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
There’s no way they will still be here in a couple years time. This isn’t the practice for them, and I’m not sure why they would accept the job.
Why won't he be there in a couple of years time?

Bad attitude, don’t want to be told what to do. Wanna be a doc CRNA types is my guess.
His practice is very strict with ACT rules as been told before.
Then get rid of him NOW, why wait a couple of years. Thats like 2 years of " I hope I dont have to work with that dingus!!

I once shaved one of my ICU patients, as an attending (the young nurse was ignoring the fact that the poor guy didn't have a mirror, or water to rinse his BIC razor, and was just irritating and cutting himself). It was a lot of oohs and aahs from the nurse, you shouldn't have blah-blah. WTF is so hard to do what's right for the patient?

Because it’s probably not in their contract? Union rules? Whatever the latest “protocol” someone made up.

I like how the Union took a beating during this pandemic too. OR nurse being sent to icu, shortage of n95.... etc. Really shows no one is safe. The strength in number didn’t really make it.

Signing Bonus they won't be able to get back?

People don’t just give sign on bonus now, right?
Some string attached, if you don’t work for a year, then you’d have to give back, the full amount. But they give it out as w2. So you’d have to pay back 30% tax.....

Then get rid of him NOW, why wait a couple of years. Thats like 2 years of " I hope I dont have to work with that dingus!!
You can usually see the writing on the wall without having cause to fire someone. I wouldn't want to work for a group that fires everybody right off the bat and doesn't give them a chance to improve or change. It would also make it more difficult to hire their replacement in the future.

Reactions: 1 users

The Filipino nurses are the best: respectful and nice and good and efficient at their job

You can usually see the writing on the wall without having cause to fire someone. I wouldn't want to work for a group that fires everybody right off the bat and doesn't give them a chance to improve or change. It would also make it more difficult to hire their replacement in the future.
I know the deal, the CRNAs like this that everyone hates working with coincidentally never works with the people making the schedule or the chiefs or assistant chiefs. Spineless leaders.. If every morning I were picking my own CRNAs to supervise I would never pick this one. That is essentially putting him out of work. Why should this be different? BUt i see what you are getting at.

The Filipino nurses are the best: respectful and nice and good and efficient at their job
Absolutely. Reminds me of an old joke: "How do you say 'f_uck you' in Tagalog?"

"Yes doctor."

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
There is one rule that beats all others, when taking care of patients: the golden rule. I did what I would have wanted my or my loved ones' doctor to do in a similar situation. The nurse was female, so she may not have realized the amount of struggle that 70-80 year-old was going through.

One will never make a mistake by doing the right thing for the patient. Don't help the nurse/doctor because you like the nurse/doctor (and the opposite); help the nurse/doctor, like her or not, because it helps the patient.
Agreed, I have helped program phones, walked them out to the car myself, clipped more than a few non-medical toenails. Little things are nice to keep us human every now and then

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Some string attached, if you don’t work for a year, then you’d have to give back, the full amount. But they give it out as w2. So you’d have to pay back 30% tax.....

Except it can be real hard to get back. Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm assuming he won't be able to "take direction."
Something like that. We’ve had a few leave for more independent practice over the years. It worked out for everyone. This CRNA will realize this eventually. No need to fire anyone, unless they are incompetent and can’t follow direction. They’ll be increasingly unhappy and then leave on their own. Why did we hire them? Because they said all the right things at the interviews.

Reactions: 3 users

Don’t they come after you? I am good at ignoring, but with a lawyer sending an letter on their own letterhead can get me a little tensed.

Don’t they come after you? I am good at ignoring, but with a lawyer sending an letter on their own letterhead can get me a little tensed.
If they have a lawyer send you a letter, the lawyer keeps 1/3 of the collections

Thanks. I’ve always been told they will hunt you down and get their money back. Now I know....

It may be true that you’d have to pay back, but you don’t owe the government taxes on money you didn’t earn. I would be shocked if you weren’t able to recoup this amount with a correction on your taxes.

It may be true that you’d have to pay back, but you don’t owe the government taxes on money you didn’t earn. I would be shocked if you weren’t able to recoup this amount with a correction on your taxes.

The way it was “explained” to me was it comes to you as a W2 income. But when you pay it back, they want the full amount they gave you, not what you received. NAL, obviously. It’s always boils down to, they have the resources to F with you, but I don’t.

The way it was “explained” to me was it comes to you as a W2 income. But when you pay it back, they want the full amount they gave you, not what you received. NAL, obviously. It’s always boils down to, they have the resources to F with you, but I don’t.
You can either file an amended return for the previous year or it will get subtracted from your income in the current year.

Reactions: 1 user
NO!! This happened to me a few years ago. I quit before the time that it was forgiven and i onlyhad to return what I had received AFTER TAXES.

Why not let others practice “at the top of their licenses?” Lol what a joke.
I cant stand that term "top of your license". It is such a nursing thing to say, when they are not allowed to do something that they should not be allowed to do. And i gotta hand it to them, they are persistent enough that people keep repeating that term "top of your license". Everyone should be working at the "TOP of their license". It really immediately reveals what kind of person you are when you are repeating it. Ive heard Zdogg MD say it. And immediately thought, "THis dude is a nurse shill"

Reactions: 2 users
I cant stand that term "top of your license". It is such a nursing thing to say, when they are not allowed to do something that they should not be allowed to do. And i gotta hand it to them, they are persistent enough that people keep repeating that term "top of your license". Everyone should be working at the "TOP of their license". It really immediately reveals what kind of person you are when you are repeating it. Ive heard Zdogg MD say it. And immediately thought, "THis dude is a nurse shill"

The majority of his fan base are nurses and PAs. He definitely panders to his fan base.

how come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I give you 100k for 2 yrs and say you owe it back prorated if you leave early...

if you leave at1yr, you owe me 50k because that’s math

if you try to pay me $36k and tell me “taxes”, my response is that’syour problem not mine. You owe me $50k

I give you 100k for 2 yrs and say you owe it back prorated if you leave early...

if you leave at1yr, you owe me 50k because that’s math

if you try to pay me $36k and tell me “taxes”, my response is that’syour problem not mine. You owe me $50k
ANyway, they deducted the taxes I paid and said thats what i owed.(prorated). These guys were a scum management company