• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
Except that it's based on info from msar which isn't entirely accurate. I appreciate this dude's efforts... but unfortunately, there's no easy way to get reliable information except by going to each and every schools website and/or possibly calling them.... something none of us have time to do for every single school... especially not for the ones we are not applying to. I've found ~several~ things in the msar 2003-2004 edition that are, believe it or not, outdated.

If you want stats regarding accept rate/gpa/MCAT I compiled a complete list of MD school statistics... It's right HERE.

I think the website you sited has a link to this on it already with the note "courtesy of SMW" though I don't know why SMW is is getting credit for it ... but whatever... :confused: :rolleyes:

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by relatively prime
I think the website you sited has a link to this on it already with the note "courtesy of SMW" though I don't know why SMW is is getting credit for it ... but whatever... :confused: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry about that, relatively prime. I've corrected the error.

About the Ads

ttac

Trust me, it's still fun.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2001
Not Philly...
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Does anybody other than me find it somewhat frightening that the average
gpa/mcat at WUSTL is 3.83/37 ? that's more than 3 full points higher than
UCSF... sheesh!

-ttac

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Status (Visible)
yeah.. i find it very frightening. it leads me to believe they are really into numbers and must select those for interviews mostly on numbers. i didn't apply there for that reason.

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by pocwana

I'm sorry about that, relatively prime. I've corrected the error.

It's ok... not that big a deal. I think all those damn U. of Chicago essays are making me grumpy. I've been working on them all day. I'm almost done with the third... yuck!

J

jot

the values and beliefs one is snagging me pretty good. i have to think of some anecdote/hook for it as an alternative to some semi-coherent diatribe. if i don't have any should i leave it blank?

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
jot- Just quote Gandhi. You can't go wrong quoting Gandhi. Yeah, so the guy drank his own urine... who cares, right? I've found that quoting Gandhi has gotten me out of a lot of difficult writing assignments.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.