Evidence based in hospital pain control.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoggyux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would be interested to see if anyone has a recommendation for an evidence based book for inpatient pain management targeted to the internist/hospitalist. In particular, I would like it to cover in relatively common situations. I am not searching for mechanism of action or what enzyme in the liver metabolizes such and such medication. I have good pharmacology textbook for that. I am more interesting in stuff like:
Am I really harming my patient that is admitted to the hospital for chest pain rule out if I give NSAID when i am 90% sure is not ACS but not really good historian and still a small chance it might be the real thing.
Is there any difference between IV narcotics and PO narcotics or SL narcotics. What about NSAIDs, is there a difference between route of administration.
What about NSAIDs after/before surgery. Which times of surgeries should NSAIDs be used with care. Does duration of therapy matters?
What about patient with past history of gastric ulcer but not current symptoms.
If anyone has a good resource let me know.

Members don't see this ad.