EVMS acceptance???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cobragirl

Hoohaa helper ;)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, how long does it usually take to hear something from EVMS after an interview? It's my top choice (personal reasons) and I don't want to waste any more $$$ on my 3 remaining secondaries by sending them in if I've been accepted. At the same time, I'm afraid to wait much longer NOT sending them in just in case I get rejected. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If you call the admissions office directly, they should be able to give you a timeline -- it seems like the offices get a lot friendlier after you interview. It also might be worthwhile to send EVMS a letter now, post-interview, explaining how much you liked the school and how and why it is definitely your top choice. I'm in sort of a similar situation, and that is what a trusted and experienced advisor suggested. Good luck!

Lilycat,
In the literature they sent (I went back through it last night) it says ~4 weeks...which will be up on Friday. I did send a short thank you note to one of my interviewers (couldn't find addresses for the other 2..one was a MS1 and the other a retired Navy doc) but I'm thinking it might be a little late for the letter now (although I'll certainly send it, if you think it would really help!) Anyway, I just hope no news is good news at this point!

Karyn

Hey Cobragirl,

If the ~4 week notice is up on Friday, I think it would be fine calling them early next week to "check on the status of your application" -- I did that recently at a school I interviewed at the beginning of Nov. and found out I was accepted (yay!) -- the letter I suggested is different from the thank-you letter -- I also sent those out, but since I interviewed at my top choice at the end of September, I'm thinking about sending a letter to the entire committee, telling them that how even after other interviews and acceptances, they are still my number one, blah, blah, blah. My former undergrad advisor seemed to think this was probably a good idea, and wouldn't be viewed negatively. If you are comfortable with another letter, I don't think it would hurt, but hopefully you'll get your good news soon -- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

[This message has been edited by lilycat (edited 11-29-2000).]