EVMS application fee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md2be06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much it is? Can't seem to find it on their secondary. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Did EVMS invite you to complete their secondary? When/did you send them a copy of your AMCAS primary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info elle! Hey atdeben, I got a letter from EVMS a little over a week or so ago inviting me to complete their secondary. I'm pretty sure they screen. I never sent them a copy of my AMCAS. I don't think they're accepting them.

no problem :) I am definitely going to read over the info on the link I posted before I turn in my secondary...

I don't think EVMS screens for secondaries...

Ok, do they screen or don't they screen for secondaries?

Their web site says that if you pass their initial screening they will invite you to fill out a secondary. So does everyone pass that initial screening?

They DO screen secondaries (I applied and interviewed there last year) and the fee is $85. Nice, small, innovative school in a nice part of town...you'll enjoy it!

Good luck!

I think that this year because of all the AMCAS stafus they are not screening...but I could be thinking of UVA or some other school -- I have their letter in front of me and it doesn't say anything about screening.
Sorry, that's not much help...

Elle, most schools don't TELL you they screen...they just do.

Originally posted by Cobragirl:
•Elle, most schools don't TELL you they screen...they just do.•

Cobragirl,

I dont doubt that you are correct that EVMS normally screens. However, I know of several schools who used to screen who are NOT screening this year because of the AMCAS disaster.

Northwestern, Pittsburgh, and Vanderbilt among others always screen except this year. Almost every school has changed their plans because of AMCAS this year.

Can anybody give a definitive answer? I dont know if you can trust the website because it might be unmodified from a year ago (just like some other schools I've looked at) You probalby need to call/email somebody and ask.

Oops, sorry, I messed up what I was trying to say. I wanted to say "-- I have their letter in front of me and it doesn't say anything about NOT screening."
Some schools actually say on that unlike previous years they are not screening.

The letter from EVMS doesn't mention anything about dropping the screening process this year. So what I completely messed up saying before is that, upon rereading the information I have, I haven't seen anything either way.

Sorry about how confusing this probably is to read. I'm home sick and not as coherent as I'd like to be. :(

This comes from the EVMS web site. This is from last year so I don't know if it has changed for this year. Here it says it screens.

"""""""After obtaining the completed AMCAS application, the Office of Admissions invites those applicants receiving a favorable initial screening to complete a secondary application packet, which contains a questionnaire, a residency form, and the format for submission of letters of evaluation. These materials, along with an $85 non-refundable application fee, must be returned to the Office of Admissions within 30 days.""""""""""