1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

EVMS application fee?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by md2be06, Aug 23, 2001.

1. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone know how much it is? Can't seem to find it on their secondary. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

4. atdeben

atdeben Member
    7+ Year Member

Did EVMS invite you to complete their secondary? When/did you send them a copy of your AMCAS primary?

5. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the info elle! Hey atdeben, I got a letter from EVMS a little over a week or so ago inviting me to complete their secondary. I'm pretty sure they screen. I never sent them a copy of my AMCAS. I don't think they're accepting them.

6. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

no problem :) I am definitely going to read over the info on the link I posted before I turn in my secondary...

I don't think EVMS screens for secondaries...

7. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, do they screen or don't they screen for secondaries?

Their web site says that if you pass their initial screening they will invite you to fill out a secondary. So does everyone pass that initial screening?

8. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    They DO screen secondaries (I applied and interviewed there last year) and the fee is $85. Nice, small, innovative school in a nice part of town...you'll enjoy it!

Good luck!

9. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I think that this year because of all the AMCAS stafus they are not screening...but I could be thinking of UVA or some other school -- I have their letter in front of me and it doesn't say anything about screening.
    Sorry, that's not much help...

10. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Elle, most schools don't TELL you they screen...they just do.

11. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Cobragirl,

I dont doubt that you are correct that EVMS normally screens. However, I know of several schools who used to screen who are NOT screening this year because of the AMCAS disaster.

Northwestern, Pittsburgh, and Vanderbilt among others always screen except this year. Almost every school has changed their plans because of AMCAS this year.

Can anybody give a definitive answer? I dont know if you can trust the website because it might be unmodified from a year ago (just like some other schools I've looked at) You probalby need to call/email somebody and ask.

12. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Oops, sorry, I messed up what I was trying to say. I wanted to say "-- I have their letter in front of me and it doesn't say anything about NOT screening."
    Some schools actually say on that unlike previous years they are not screening.

The letter from EVMS doesn't mention anything about dropping the screening process this year. So what I completely messed up saying before is that, upon rereading the information I have, I haven't seen anything either way.

Sorry about how confusing this probably is to read. I'm home sick and not as coherent as I'd like to be. :(

13. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This comes from the EVMS web site. This is from last year so I don't know if it has changed for this year. Here it says it screens.

"""""""After obtaining the completed AMCAS application, the Office of Admissions invites those applicants receiving a favorable initial screening to complete a secondary application packet, which contains a questionnaire, a residency form, and the format for submission of letters of evaluation. These materials, along with an $85 non-refundable application fee, must be returned to the Office of Admissions within 30 days.""""""""""