EVMS help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterMD

it's a smile on the rocks
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, i just received EVMS's invite to complete their secondary; however, i have already completed and submitted it. should i send them another one thinking they threw away the other one? should i wait and see if they acknowledge that i sent them stuff already, and if so how long should i wait? or should I just assume they have everything??? thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

You can try calling them. Although they do say do not submit until you've been invited, so they may have just thrown it out since your name wouldn't match any names on the list. Have they cashed your check yet?

musiclink213 said:
You can try calling them. Although they do say do not submit until you've been invited, so they may have just thrown it out since your name wouldn't match any names on the list. Have they cashed your check yet?

good call... they haven't.. i guess i'll wait a week and then call and resubmit if necessary...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say Call them or e-mail them. Not worth doing another one. If they haven't received it, they'll let you know.

All the best.
-Gentle-

I wouldn't wait a week. Their office was really nice, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to just call and ask.

MasterMD said:
so, i just received EVMS's invite to complete their secondary; however, i have already completed and submitted it. should i send them another one thinking they threw away the other one? should i wait and see if they acknowledge that i sent them stuff already, and if so how long should i wait? or should I just assume they have everything??? thanks everyone!

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that thing was tossed! I have had a horrible time dealing with them and my AMCAS application. I called them after receiving an e-mail from them stating that they had not received my verified AMCAS application, the lady I spoke with was extremely rude. She finally decided to look for it, and ended up finding it in a pile of applications that had not been reviewed yet. They're not going to get that secondary app fee from me!

Ok, so I have a question about EVMS also. I have 30 days to complete it, which is by tomorrow (14th). Unfortunately I'm not quite done yet. Do you think they'll allow me to fax it? Or should I just give up because it's too late?

I think if you can get it postmarked by tomorrow, you should be alright. So hurry up and get it finished.

Ok, so I have a question about EVMS also. I have 30 days to complete it, which is by tomorrow (14th). Unfortunately I'm not quite done yet. Do you think they'll allow me to fax it? Or should I just give up because it's too late?

If it has to be postmarked by tomorrow, then no problems.

If it takes longer than 30 days to complete it, don't worry about it. Just inform the office of admissions that there is a delay and give them a solid reason for the delay. I don't think they hold anything against you because this happened to me when a professor that was writing a recommendation got the due date mixed up with another student. I think they just want to be informed if there is a delay. But it took me longer than 30 days to complete it and I still got in! ;)

Wait, this includes recommendations as well? There is no way I can get recommendations in, because my school has a committee process. I have the rest of it done though.

Suaveness said:

Why is it taking you so long to complete it? It has 5 short essays, but all are straight forward. I did mine in an evening.

Suaveness said:
Wait, this includes recommendations as well? There is no way I can get recommendations in, because my school has a committee process. I have the rest of it done though.

Yes, it includes all supplemental materials. Including LOR's and in-state-tuition forms with associated documentation as well (Tax return, copies of drivers license, voter registration, proof of property ownsership if applicable, etc..) if you live in Virginia. They are flexible on the 30 day guideline though. Just call and let them know. And finish that thing already!

It didn't take long, I was just preoccupied with studying for Mcats....

Haemulon said:
Yes, it includes all supplemental materials. Including LOR's and in-state-tuition forms with associated documentation as well (Tax return, copies of drivers license, voter registration, proof of property ownsership if applicable, etc..) if you live in Virginia. They are flexible on the 30 day guideline though. Just call and let them know. And finish that thing already!

Ok that works out ok, because my LORs were only recently available to send, since it's part of a committee.

Though no one seems to be home at EVMS....

Suaveness said:
Ok that works out ok, because my LORs were only recently available to send, since it's part of a committee.

Though no one seems to be home at EVMS....

If it makes you feel any better, I am thinking not all of my LOR's will be in within the 30 days either, it will be close though. They told me that it was ok and that the file would be reviewed as soon as they arrived.

Ok, so I called them and they said it's mroe of a guideline than anything. So yay.