EVMS post-interview turnaround time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

franklinthedog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After you interviewed at EVMS, how long did it take you to hear something? Also, if you were waitlisted, could you call immediately to find out where you stood?

I'm under the impression you find out everything within 3-4 wks after your interview but want to know for sure, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at EVMS 11/04 and I got my acceptance letter 11/22 (it was dated 11/18). So I think that they are very quick. Good luck!

I heard back after 3 weeks. You could call to find out too...they're pretty nice about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
what did you guys think about EVMS?

i really liked it...here's why

1--high board pass rates
2--non-competitive student atmosphere, there's no bell curve grading, it's all preestablished grading scales
3--the social opportunities, the first of each year is the retreat at the beach with all 4 classes, that's > 400 people. i think that'd be a great way to meet people. plus they have 2 dances each year, sounds high school but meeting as many of your peers as possible would make your time there fun.
4--i really liked my interviewers and downtown Norfolk wasn't bad at all
5--non-teaching hospitals would allow you to see what real medicine is like, not just the sickest of the sick in a teaching hospital

Hey HighClass, will you PM me with your stats? My guess is since they already accepted you that yours are pretty good. I'm trying to gauge my chances now, I interviewed Nov. 12th so I think I'll hear something pretty soon, thanks.

I loved my experience at EVMS. Probably the best thing about the school is the collegial atmosphere. It seems pretty obvious that its not competitive, and apparently it leads to execellent performance on the boards. They are one of the pioneers of the standardized patient, and as a result their students are very well prepared for their residencies, and their good match list is probably a reflection of that.

Originally posted by franklinthedog
After you interviewed at EVMS, how long did it take you to hear something? Also, if you were waitlisted, could you call immediately to find out where you stood?

I'm under the impression you find out everything within 3-4 wks after your interview but want to know for sure, thanks.

I interviewed on 10/3, and received my acceptance on 10/25, so they were very quick as far as post-interview notification was concerned. I really liked EVMS, and their new library and facilities absolutely rock... the only things lagging in my mind were the high cost, the lack of a primary med school affiliated teaching hospital, and a diminished amount of research space. However, the clinical education you get there, both through the SP program and rotations, is one of the best in the nation.

If you want my stats, you can PM me. I'm an in-state resident by the way.

TF

Do the students match well?

i just interviewed at EVMS a couple of weeks ago. I LOVED it! My only hesitation would be how students match. I took a look at the match list and everybody seems to match either in virginia or somewhere else on the east coast. I'm not sure if that's because most EVMS students are from VA/east coast and want to stay there, or because they don't match elsewhere. Does anybody know???I know that EVMS is a pretty young school and because of that, hasn't yet established a nation-wide reputation for itself. I'm from California...and i have no idea where i'm going to want to be for residency, but i don't want any options closed to me.

just bumping for the EVMS fans out there...!