EVMS vs Drexel vs Temple vs NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedgirl24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having trouble deciding which school is better.

I really liked the amount to clinical skill emphasis EVMS and Temple gave. The Norfolk Area is a lot better than the Temple Area. Drexel Area is not too bad. I'm currently in the process of looking into Average Board Scores and match rates.

If anyone could their opinions on any or all of these schools or know any of the scores for any, your help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm OOS for all

Members don't see this ad.

People tend to pick Temple over Drexel. Will EVMS or NJMS give you in-state tuition after the first year?
I hate it when people say just pick the cheapest option, but in this case I really think that's what you should be focusing on. With the possible exception of Temple, all these schools are pretty equal in reputation.
Every US MD school has pretty equivalent match rates (near %100), but not sure about board scores. For either one, your results will depend way more on individual effort than the school you go to.

People tend to pick Temple over Drexel. Will EVMS or NJMS give you in-state tuition after the first year?
I hate it when people say just pick the cheapest option, but in this case I really think that's what you should be focusing on. With the possible exception of Temple, all these schools are pretty equal in reputation.
Every US MD school has pretty equivalent match rates (near %100), but not sure about board scores. For either one, your results will depend way more on individual effort than the school you go to.

Care to explain the bolded?

To OP, I can't comment on EVMS or NJMS but as far as Drexel vs. Temple, I would emphatically choose Temple unless it's a prohibitively more expensive. Temple has much better facilities, the school is across the street from the hospital as opposed to a 20 min bus ride away for Drexel (easier to just go to the hospital after class to shadow/do research etc), and I got the impression that the students actually knew one another from my interview day. Because of Drexel's large class size and the splitting of the students between IFM and PIL, it felt like a congregation of strangers to me. Temple would also be more accessible if you were to live in the city (just hop on the broad street line). Drexel, while still a part of Philadelphia, is more suburban and in my opinion, it's location necessitates a car.

If I remember correctly, Temple told us their step 1 average was 229 while the national average was 228. However, I don't think this should have a major impact on your decision. Like @Serous Demilune said, it depends on YOU.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

Thank you soo much for your answers!! I really appreciate it!!! =)