EVMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbuddieMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Yall

I just got wait lised at EVMS. I have a 3.5 overall and a 27 (all 9s) on the mcat. I have many friends with the same mcat but higher gpa in med school right now. What would be the best thing to do at this point...take it again to be safe so I don't need to wait another year if I don't get in this year...or sit tight and see if I get in this year...since it is very possible? Thanks for your help. Peter

Members don't see this ad.

I recently declined acceptance at EVMS to go to a less expensive in-state school, MCV/VCU. I would actually sit tight and not stress with the MCAT just yet. Write letters and call making them aware that they are your top choice (if this is the case) and I have a feeling you will make it. A friend of mine who is an MS-I there said that there is significant movement off of the waitlist. Good Luck.

Ok, Peter, I have to ask... How'd you like the school. I'll be interviewing with them in a couple weeks. Give me the scoop. So far, I've heard nothing but good things about EVMS.

Are you a VA resident?

Good Luck! Maybe we'll both be attending.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Yall

Thanks for the info. I found out I am in the bottom 1/3...however I was told that the waitlist is far from done...so that could mean I might actually end up in the top 1/3. Right now I am in a holding pattern...I want to go here but I don't know if I will get in this year. I need to make a decision about the mcat soon. To answer your questions...go to interviewfeedback.com...and look at EVMS. I put the most recent post on that site. It will tell you everything about the school and what you want to know about the interview. I would go there if you get in..its a great school highly under-rated. Thanks all, Peter

Yes I am a VA resident to answer your question. Peter

Peter--I got waitlited at EVMS too. I got the letter from them ~1 wk ago and only took them ~1 to decide on waitlisting me (I'm out of state). Got a couple of questions for you: When did you interview w/ them? How did you find out that you were in the bottom 1/3? How did you ask them so that they didn't get mad at you (some admissions pple can be so mean)?

Still interested in knowing how one knows the waitlist position at EVMS... :)

Ok

To answer your question...just call them. The dean told my interview group to do this. He said we want to see that you are interested...also they have people that are pretty much paid to answer your calls...so use them!!! They are really friendly on the phone. It took 3 weeks almost exactly from the time I had my iview..till I got a decision. They said they were like 2 weeks behind when I had my interview. I have a feeling that everyone is getting waitlisted at this point. Good luck. Peter

Thanks bigbuddie! I don't remember the Dean telling my group it was ok to call, but most likely I phased out for a moment or two. Thanks for replying. :clap:

Ok

fist of all...trust me on this...the dean said it was fine when some person in my group asked about it. If no one asked in your group he may have just forgotten to tell yall. Secondly, think about it...its not like they are going to be..."ohh my she called us and asked us some questions...lets throw her off the wait-list". Trust me MDs are real...and reasonable people...they arn't going to do unreasonable things. Calling shows interest...they like that...if anything it can help. Obviously calling many many times in like the same week might be bad because it would show some kind of problem but you should be ok giving them "a call". Let me know where you fall. Good luck.

I'm probably going to decline my EVMS acceptance soon, so...every little bit helps, huh?

By the way--is MCV really that much less expensive than EVMS?

just curious...what are you stats...I just want to know how I stack up. Are you in state? MCV is better known from what I hear. As far as $s I can't really say which is cheaper..however EVMS is a private school for whatever thats worth.

MCV instate = $10K
EVMS instate (private school) = $15K
not that big a difference.