cry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOEnthusiast

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sigh

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A good amount of my classmates started out last year thinking they were going into ortho,derm, etc. Now, they are just hoping to pass the boards at best.

NS is one of the tougher specialities out there to match into, so I would more about doing well in school before worrying about 4 years down the road.

You're asking us if its worth it? Thats a very personal decision that you have to decide, not one for us to help you make.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are those the only two options? You're sitting on a spot in med school, not neurosurgery school, and there's a lot of other specialties out there to consider.

Unless there is a treatment, which judging by your post isn't, I suggest you not *waste* a large portion of your life on neurosurgery. But that doesn't mean you should quit medicine all together, there are other fields that require shorter training. Ultimately, it comes down to you and what makes you happy and you and your doctor know best how this will affect your motor skills.