Exact Application Process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NuclearWhammy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been a forum member for years, I learned a lot, but I'm still terribly unfamiliar with the exact application process to Medical Schools. What are Secondaries? Also, How long does it take to be accepted (Optimally, if everything goes well and accepted right away.) My problem is that Student loan repayment kicks in 6 months after graduation.

Members don't see this ad.

Google the Official Guide to Medical School Admissions. It's a PDF the AAMC puts out that talks about each step. With regards to student loans, if you're going straight into medical school after ugrad, you will only have a summer off and probably won't have to worry about your loans yet. If it takes a couple of cycles to get in, you will have to get a job to cover the bills. You should also look into what alternate options you have based on what type of loans you have. Sometimes you can get extended time or income based repayment or other options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Get this book:

Amazon product

Hello Everyone,

I've been a forum member for years, I learned a lot, but I'm still terribly unfamiliar with the exact application process to Medical Schools. What are Secondaries? Also, How long does it take to be accepted (Optimally, if everything goes well and accepted right away.) My problem is that Student loan repayment kicks in 6 months after graduation.