Exact date when MCAT will be available online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried to call MCAT center in Iowa but did not get a good reply. They told me that the scores will be online "sometime in October" :rolleyes: Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

o.k its fifty days after the exam, we wrote it on the 17th so.... my guess is that they will be available on October the 6th.... people say Oct 1st... but I think thats a little too early...
Hey man I'm in the same boat as you.... can't wait to see the results... don't think I'll be getting much sleep when Oct rolls around...

Members don't see this ad :)
that was a great call to check that section of the AAMC website. i got my password today too, so i'm getting a little anxious.

I posted this earlier but now I have a new twist. I plan on checking my AMCAS application for my August02 scores before I log in and pay the $15. i just have a feeling that these idiots (AAMC) won't or can't stop the release to our AMCAS apps.

I have been checking my AMCAS lately to be sure that schools have transmitted my app. I do this by printing a copy of it. On my app scores from an older MCAT appear. But as of today those scores are no longer there.

Make of it what you will, but I have learned not to trust or underestimate the stupidity of the organization we are dealing with.

Originally posted by conure
that was a great call to check that section of the AAMC website. i got my password today too, so i'm getting a little anxious.

I posted this earlier but now I have a new twist. I plan on checking my AMCAS application for my August02 scores before I log in and pay the $15. i just have a feeling that these idiots (AAMC) won't or can't stop the release to our AMCAS apps.

I have been checking my AMCAS lately to be sure that schools have transmitted my app. I do this by printing a copy of it. On my app scores from an older MCAT appear. But as of today those scores are no longer there.

Make of it what you will, but I have learned not to trust or underestimate the stupidity of the organization we are dealing with.

I've heard that you can check that way. I have a question though - when you press the "print" button, a screen comes up - the printable form of the amcas...did you see your previous scores on that screen or do you have to print it??

They were on the screen. I just printed a hard copy and no scores.

For those who used the online score release for the April MCAT - did it just give you your 3 numbers and letter, or did it provide more info (ie. percentile rankings)?

if dont remember seeing a percetile rank when i checked online, but that may just be because my eyes were full of tears.. haha...

When i recieved the score report in the mail it had a pretty detailed breakdown as far as distribution and percentile rank went

Originally posted by drake.ramoray
For those who used the online score release for the April MCAT - did it just give you your 3 numbers and letter, or did it provide more info (ie. percentile rankings)?

Just 3 numbers and a letter.

Originally posted by barakutha
october 3rd they will be online. Check the site for checking the scores from the april exam and it says August scores will be up October 3rd.

Link to check August scores
holy sh-t that's the day of my B-day....oh man, it would suck if for my b-day I get the lowest MCAT score ever....:( ;) :confused:

guys how the hell are we going to sleep on the 2nd of October? man.... I'm going to be soooo nervous on the 3rd.... yikes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ocean11
guys how the hell are we going to sleep on the 2nd of October? man.... I'm going to be soooo nervous on the 3rd.... yikes!

The day of the 3rd is even worse. You'll start checking online at 8 in the morning and you will keep going back to the website every 2 minutes to see if they are up yet. And I gaurantee that someone will post on SDN about the scores being up within 30 seconds of them becoming available.

Originally posted by mws99
The day of the 3rd is even worse. You'll start checking online at 8 in the morning and you will keep going back to the website every 2 minutes to see if they are up yet. And I gaurantee that someone will post on SDN about the scores being up within 30 seconds of them becoming available.

That was a fun day in June, wasn't it? ;)

Ahh, but just wait till the night of the third.

Do well, and drink to celebrate
Do poorly and drink to forget.

Sounds like either way I'm gonna have a good time and a quality night of boozing

Ouch. I'm joining the peace corps and the 3rd is the EXACT DAY that I touch down in country. I hope I'll be able to find some internet access quickly...the upside is that I probably won't care at that point!!

i can't look! i won't look! i'm so scared! I already tore up my score password..but i don't want to see when it comes through regular mail--I'll gauge my score by how many schools want to interview me....

Originally posted by athena21
i can't look! i won't look! i'm so scared! I already tore up my score password..but i don't want to see when it comes through regular mail--I'll gauge my score by how many schools want to interview me....

Really??? I can't believe someone would have the resolve not to look at their scores right after they've been posted!!

Originally posted by mws99

:laugh: I was checking every several minutes from a public terminal and the moment it became available there was already an "Official April MCAT Scores" thread spanning 2 pages.

I'd say that come the day of Oct 3, it's just as reliable (down to the femtosecond) to watch this site for developments, just watch out for the jokers who say the stuff is up when it really ain't.

I would think that 16,000 people frantically checking their scores would cause some kind of mass log-in problem at the MCAT website. Were there any problems or delays in June?

Originally posted by specialk
I would think that 16,000 people frantically checking their scores would cause some kind of mass log-in problem at the MCAT website. Were there any problems or delays in June?

NO

As I remember it, the AAMC site said that scores will be sent "50 days after the testing date". Now, lo and behold, it says 60 days on their site. +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

There better not be any log in problems do to the massive numbers of people logging on, considering the super computer they built with our fifteen dollars a pop, wait I think I heard the supercomputer got put on hold due to the price of their new leer jet and costume built 120ft yacht. What a joke as if $180 isn't enough to ruin someone?s day.:cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm sure there wont be any login issues. Last time in June I checked my scores as soon as they were up and there was no lag whatsoever.

But I guess problems could randomly arise, but we can hope for the best.

I can't get any work done today. I just keep thinking about the scores coming out tomorrow. I haven't really thought about it that much until today, and then all of the sudden I'm having trouble thinking about anything else. And I have a ton of work to do. I would probably be at work until 1 or 2 am, even if I was being productive! I have got to get off my a**, and start earning my salary! Well, the good news is, I'll probably end up pulling an all nighter and I'll be busy at work tomorrow -- so the combination of being exhausted and busy will hopefully dull the pain when I get my scores. :)

Originally posted by athena21
I already tore up my score password..but i don't want to see when it comes through regular mail--I'll gauge my score by how many schools want to interview me....

ha, and I thought I was the only one that considered destroying the piece of paper the moment it arrived. However, I lacked your resolve and rather than burning it as I had planned I placed it in a draw. So no doubt now I will throw another $15 away and use it... :( "sigh"

exactly, what's more important.......anotehr $15 out of a few thouusand already spent or actually getting back to NORMAL life and getting sleep.............

nero

AAAHHH!!! i forgot mcat scores come out tomorrow. and i was having such a good week!

Originally posted by shamthis
what time were they available june 3?

I just did a search and the first post about the scores was at 3:42 pm. I'm sure that is within 2 minutes of them becoming available.

You'll wait for these scores. Then you'll wait for exam scores at school. Then you'll wait for Board scores. Then you'll wait for more exam scores. Then you'll take Boards again.

Through all this, you'll spend money...and lots of it. Get used to it.

Hey guys, don't get too jazzed about the Oct 3rd date. In April, they didn't actually post the scores until the day after the stated date. Also for the April test, they had a different screen that showed up three days before the actual release date where you could put in your password and it would just say scores aren't available yet. Realistically, we're probably looking at Friday, or maybe even Sunday or Monday (or later next week even).

If we have a longer wait, just enjoy your weekend and keep telling yourself you got a 38. Enjoy the fantasy while you can!!!

Best of luck to everyone.

Huh? The april scores came out on the date that the memo said. June 7th I think it was. Unless I was dreaming...

Good luck everyone.

bonnie

Are you guys sure the scores are out tomorrow?? The site only says "on or about Oct 3rd" that could mean anything... And 50 days from the test day is about Oct 7th.

I hope you are right, but I'm not getting my hopes up :rolleyes:

I dont see what all the fuss is about. The scores are coming out tomorrow and there is no reason to think otherwise.

Originally posted by limit
I dont see what all the fuss is about. The scores are coming out tomorrow and there is no reason to think otherwise.

Yes they will be out tomorrow. And that guy who said they came out a day later than they were supposed to is just messing with you guys. They came out the exact day they said.