Exact wording of the personal statement prompt on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find it. I know the gist of the prompt, but can somebody copy/paste the exact words?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I did a search and didn't find it. I know the gist of the prompt, but can somebody copy/paste the exact words?

Thanks

"Use the space provided to explain why you want to go to medical school. The available space for your response is 5300 characters, or approximately one full page. You will receive an error message if you exceed the available space. For additional assistance, click "help" on the tool bar at the top of the screen."

"Use the space provided to explain why you want to go to medical school. The available space for your response is 5300 characters, or approximately one full page. You will receive an error message if you exceed the available space. For additional assistance, click "help" on the tool bar at the top of the screen."
:thumbup:

Not much of a prompt. They should just put "In 5300 characters or less, convince us that you're better than everyone else we're looking at. No pressure, this essay just determines the rest of your life. kthx"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:

Not much of a prompt. They should just put "In 5300 characters or less, convince us that you're better than everyone else we're looking at. No pressure, this essay just determines the rest of your life. kthx"

Agree :thumbup:

btw, in what scenario is 5300 characters 1 full page?

btw, in what scenario is 5300 characters 1 full page?

I suppose if you use a small enough font with very small margins, you might be able to get 5300 characters on one full page.

5300 characters =/ 5300 words... Characters include periods and spaces ;)

yeah, 5300 characters is well more than in a page in any reasonable font