Exactly three weeks left--how should I spend my time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legobikes

bikes made of lego
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am done revising all the subjects, so I'm now starting in on all the practice tests in earnest. I was wondering if someone had advice on what should I spend more time on, and how I should go about it.

What I have on hand:

5 MCAT full-lengths
11 kaplan full-lengths
4 arco full-lengths

and also:
42 different kaplan short tests; the topic tests are 20 min each, the subject tests about 30 min each.

seeig as I have 21 days, how should I divide all this up, and what should I leave out if I don't get to it? of course I'm going to do all the mcat full-lengths, but I'm wondering if I should do the kaplan discretes, topicals, and subject tests. or the kaplan full-lengths. or bothe rwith arco who seem to be pretty no-name?

Members don't see this ad.

legobikes said:
I am done revising all the subjects, so I'm now starting in on all the practice tests in earnest. I was wondering if someone had advice on what should I spend more time on, and how I should go about it.

What I have on hand:

5 MCAT full-lengths
11 kaplan full-lengths
4 arco full-lengths

and also:
42 different kaplan short tests; the topic tests are 20 min each, the subject tests about 30 min each.

seeig as I have 21 days, how should I divide all this up, and what should I leave out if I don't get to it? of course I'm going to do all the mcat full-lengths, but I'm wondering if I should do the kaplan discretes, topicals, and subject tests. or the kaplan full-lengths. or bothe rwith arco who seem to be pretty no-name?

Do you have kaplan flashcards? Those really helped me in my last few weeks...I found that it was less about taking the tests and more about learning the material i knew i wasn't confident in near the end

if you're going to take tests like from e-mcat (at least what it was called in my day) i would suggest taking more than one, maybe the most recent 2. i found some were very different from others that you could buy.
also, don't get hung up on the score you calculate, i was as many of 4 points off from my scaled practice mcat score (i'm sure others have differed by more)