1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Exactly three weeks left--how should I spend my time?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by legobikes, Jul 28, 2006.

1. legobikes

legobikes bikes made of lego
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am done revising all the subjects, so I'm now starting in on all the practice tests in earnest. I was wondering if someone had advice on what should I spend more time on, and how I should go about it.

What I have on hand:

5 MCAT full-lengths
    11 kaplan full-lengths
    4 arco full-lengths

and also:
    42 different kaplan short tests; the topic tests are 20 min each, the subject tests about 30 min each.

seeig as I have 21 days, how should I divide all this up, and what should I leave out if I don't get to it? of course I'm going to do all the mcat full-lengths, but I'm wondering if I should do the kaplan discretes, topicals, and subject tests. or the kaplan full-lengths. or bothe rwith arco who seem to be pretty no-name?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. leahmaria

leahmaria Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do you have kaplan flashcards? Those really helped me in my last few weeks...I found that it was less about taking the tests and more about learning the material i knew i wasn't confident in near the end

4. gdk

gdk Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    if you're going to take tests like from e-mcat (at least what it was called in my day) i would suggest taking more than one, maybe the most recent 2. i found some were very different from others that you could buy.
    also, don't get hung up on the score you calculate, i was as many of 4 points off from my scaled practice mcat score (i'm sure others have differed by more)