Exactly what is research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kg062007

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school offers classes in psychology and bio that give 1-3 credit hrs for assisting a professor with research for a semseter or two. Is this research or are adcoms looking for independent research? I shouldnt have said classes, because we basically meet whenever and wherever the prof ask.......

Members don't see this ad.

My school offers classes in psychology and bio that give 1-3 credit hrs for assisting a professor with research for a semseter or two. Is this research or are adcoms looking for independent research? I shouldnt have said classes, because we basically meet whenever and wherever the prof ask.......

The bio one at my school, was a type of independent research. I worked in the lab when I had free time. The schedule was dictated by the professor. It was 3 credits. This research I believe would count. As far as psych, the research I heard they did is primarily making up surveys about different topics. It was pretty unscientific if you ask me. Anyone could lie and skew your results.

The bio one at my school, was a type of independent research. I worked in the lab when I had free time. The schedule was dictated by the professor. It was 3 credits. This research I believe would count. As far as psych, the research I heard they did is primarily making up surveys about different topics. It was pretty unscientific if you ask me. Anyone could lie and skew your results.

Anyone can lie and skew results in any field of research.

Anyone can lie and skew results in any field of research.

It's easier for some than others. Psych is just someone's mental analysis of something. The bio research I have done, you had to show proof...evidence. Of course you could use a western blot or make some other claim from a sep. experiment but when no one can repeat it, it's your butt on the line. Really, your statement is pretty false unless you want a tarnished reputation.