Exam Crackers - NEW 7th Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when they plan to release the 7th edition, I've heard students in their prep program already have them.

and yeah I know the material is basically the same as the 6th (or so I hear) but the 7th edition has many corrections.

any input appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i already bought the 6th edition. Is the material of the 7th edition different?

I've heard the material is basically the same, but the 7th edition has corrected the many errors found in the 6th edition. And I'm sure some of the material is prolly updated (?)

Plus the new edition is tailored to the CBT MCAT. Exam crackers probably have their own strategy to deal with the new format etc. Plus I hear they included some practice CBT tests.

so overall I'd recommend you guys to wait for the new edition to come out....should be soon, hopefully within a month or so...

Members don't see this ad :)
7th edition is no different than the 6th edition. 7th edition has not been released and there is no official word on when they will be released. I put a call in for an update but last year they were saying it be out by January 2007. As you can tell that didn't happen.

There isn't much change in the test except it is now on a computer so if you were one to skip around your strategy might be a bit different. As with most standard tests you have to do your best on a question and move on so this new edition won't really offer much. You can get practice material though in teh CBT format. Hopefully EK will offer more of this and have updated versions to some of their previous books soon.

:luck:

Kaplan has a little more detail but its really no different from EK. They both help you get the concepts down.

Generally speaking EK gives you what you need to know, where as Kaplan gives you info that you should know and could possibly tested on (but generally this extra info is given in a passage)

I am going to call EK first thing tomorrow morning. If not, I am going to try and find someone takign the EK course to borrow their books, because at this point I am too worried about learnign the wrong thing from the 5th ed books.

I am going to call EK first thing tomorrow morning. If not, I am going to try and find someone takign the EK course to borrow their books, because at this point I am too worried about learnign the wrong thing from the 5th ed books.

i emailed them and got a responce from jonathan himself.
He said that 6th edition is as good as 7th edition. The content does not change so you are fine with older editions.
The only reason why you may want to get the newer one is that they probobly fixed some errors etc.
Other then that they have the errata list on their website. If you are ok with going there to make sure you study the right thing it will save you some 200 bucks.
Just my 2 cents

I got a response from EK they said that whenever they have them in stock you can purchase them (whenever THAT will be).

5th ed has alot of errors, 6th ed has a few errors but very very few. SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. 7th ed will probably have a few errors too. That's what happens in the publishing process. Just get the list of errata from the board and don't pay the money for the 7th ed. I'll tell you that it won't be worth it.

i emailed them and got a responce from jonathan himself.
He said that 6th edition is as good as 7th edition. The content does not change so you are fine with older editions.
The only reason why you may want to get the newer one is that they probobly fixed some errors etc.
Other then that they have the errata list on their website. If you are ok with going there to make sure you study the right thing it will save you some 200 bucks.
Just my 2 cents

I have been trying to find the errata list for quite some time now. Do you by any chance have the consolidated errata list? The ones on their website are just from the 6th edition. Maybe you can direct me to the right place.