Exam in 2 days, logistic questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texaspremed1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my exam is in 2 days and had a few questions. So I heard you can skip the tutorial and it will add time to exam? this is still true? could not find on the usmle website so wanted to confirm. Also, how long does it take to sign in/out if i want to go to the bathroom/eat. Also can I bring snacks in the exam room?

Members don't see this ad.

signing in and out , takes 2 minutes. I don't think skipping the tutorial will give you more time on the blocks. It might give you extra free time in between

Skipping the tutorial gives you more break time. It’s 8 hours from the beginning to end, regardless of how it’s used. Also, finishing a block early adds to your break time. Signing in and out takes no more than two minutes. I think I had 57 minutes left at the end, and that’s with 5-10 minute breaks after each block. Take snacks, the munchies will hit hard about three blocks in.

I found it helpful to take 5 minutes and scan through the tutorial

You can’t bring anything in the exam room, but you get a locker to put all your stuff in for breaks. So no water or snacks in the exam room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk