Exam Krackers MCAT prep materials - Are they good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inveen

On My Way There
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How good are the EK MCAT prep materials? If you used these to study for the MCATs how well did they help you in preparing for the test?

I am interested in puchasing the Exam Krackers complete study guide and 1001 Q's in MCAT biology and 1001 Q's in MCAT Organic chemistry.

If anyone has the above they aren't using any more please contact me please contact me with your asking price. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Inveen said:
How good are the EK MCAT prep materials? If you used these to study for the MCATs how well did they help you in preparing for the test?

I am interested in puchasing the Exam Krackers complete study guide and 1001 Q's in MCAT biology and 1001 Q's in MCAT Organic chemistry.

If anyone has the above they aren't using any more please contact me please contact me with your asking price. Thanks.

I used EK for the April MCAT. I'm still waiting for my scores but I did love the material. I thought the study guides books were awesome because they were more of a review then a textbook. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for my score, but I can tell you this....one of my questions of the april MCAT dealt with airbags...and the EK review books had a section in red about air bags and how they worked because they said it would be tested on the MCAT. They give you want you need to know and of course, you can always go back to your old text books (I did that for physics and organic a little) but other then that I'd say they are a great study guide...I hope my score lives up to my praise
Good luck :luck:

people on this forum are on examkracker's dick that's why i bought em too. i should start reading em if i wanna take the test in aug.

they also like to hype up the mcat audio osmosis, which i think is lame as hell. they make stupid jokes with sound effects...sometimes the jokes last for like 30 seconds in the middle of an important concept :mad:

whoispittsnogle said:
people on this forum are on examkracker's dick that's why i bought em too.

HAHAHAHA, me too! Though from what I've skimmed, it does seem targeted to only what we need to know for the MCAT. Reviews elsewhere also seem good.

Members don't see this ad :)
americanangel said:
I used EK for the April MCAT. I'm still waiting for my scores but I did love the material. I thought the study guides books were awesome because they were more of a review then a textbook. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for my score, but I can tell you this....one of my questions of the april MCAT dealt with airbags...and the EK review books had a section in red about air bags and how they worked because they said it would be tested on the MCAT. They give you want you need to know and of course, you can always go back to your old text books (I did that for physics and organic a little) but other then that I'd say they are a great study guide...I hope my score lives up to my praise
Good luck :luck:

So, how did you guys who used EK end up doing on the MCAT?

AWhitehair said:
So, how did you guys who used EK end up doing on the MCAT?

So far, EK AO has been golden for me - I never took any physio classes so while I'm reviewing orgo and gen chem currently, I've been listening to the physio lectures on the bus, while I'm #2ing, and b4 bed (it helps put you to sleep too) and I've been able to learn - the general gist though - nervous system, endocrine, digestion, cardiovascular, and lymph and currently am on muscles - lemme tell you - without having done ANY reading from any review texts of any sort - i've been able to answer some of the physio questions on aamc tests...so AO works - at least for me.

Is EK in depth enough? It seems to gloss over a lot of stuff and not get into too much detail (though I have just been studying a few weeks)

I LOVED EK, can't say enough good stuff about it. I was using the Kaplan materials, but they just seemed way too detailed. EK has the information you need, nothing more and nothing less.

I used EK for MCAT prep (complete study guide + audio osmosis) and did extremely well.

I worked through the entire Kaplan series of books at the same time, and although K is good for basic review if you haven't seen the material in a long time, EK is much better for the conceptual stuff that is at the heart of MCAT questions. Also, the K books have a huge pile of unnecessary stuff that will just stress you out (e.g. optical ray tracing in excruciating detail, heat transfer in solids).

I did have an exact EK question on my MCAT PS, too.

I liked audio osmosis so much that I used it sometimes in first year of med school when I needed to review a basic concept, too. It is stupid, the jokes are lame, and it is low-grade frat-boy humor. But sometimes those things just stick in your head, when you can't stand to read another book.

MeowMix said:
I used EK for MCAT prep (complete study guide + audio osmosis) and did extremely well.

I worked through the entire Kaplan series of books at the same time, and although K is good for basic review if you haven't seen the material in a long time, EK is much better for the conceptual stuff that is at the heart of MCAT questions. Also, the K books have a huge pile of unnecessary stuff that will just stress you out (e.g. optical ray tracing in excruciating detail, heat transfer in solids).

I did have an exact EK question on my MCAT PS, too.

I liked audio osmosis so much that I used it sometimes in first year of med school when I needed to review a basic concept, too. It is stupid, the jokes are lame, and it is low-grade frat-boy humor. But sometimes those things just stick in your head, when you can't stand to read another book.

:laugh: Thanks!

A really good rescource is the EK's website. PhDs will answer any EK question related problem. They're great with quick thoughtful answers.