ExamKracker 1001 questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowsgomoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
Has anyone used the MCAT examkracker books for there preparation for the DAT. They would be good practice problems if they were representative of the ones you get on the DAT it self. Does anyone else have any other sources of straight problems not tests?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

The only ones that really apply are the General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry book. I would say the Organic Chemistry book was more helpful for me. Don't expect to get all your prep from ExamKracer, do your Kaplan too!

PS-In the future, you might want to post DAT questions in the DAT forum. Some members might not post to a thread in the wrong forum.

edkNARF said:
The only ones that really apply are the General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry book. I would say the Organic Chemistry book was more helpful for me. Don't expect to get all your prep from ExamKracer, do your Kaplan too!

PS-In the future, you might want to post DAT questions in the DAT forum. Some members might not post to a thread in the wrong forum.

ohh ok sorry.

I'll move the thead for you (the DAT forum probably has more people studying for the DAT right now).

I've heard good and bad things about Examcrackers, but don't know how well the questions apply to the DAT. Certainly anything that bolsters or tests your knowledge in DAT-tested subjects can't hurt, although it may go over the bounds of what you are required to know. If you can master that material you will probably do well on the exam, but there are also other ways to study specifically for the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
I'll move the thead for you (the DAT forum probably has more people studying for the DAT right now).

I've heard good and bad things about Examcrackers, but don't know how well the questions apply to the DAT. Certainly anything that bolsters or tests your knowledge in DAT-tested subjects can't hurt, although it may go over the bounds of what you are required to know. If you can master that material you will probably do well on the exam, but there are also other ways to study specifically for the DAT.

its useless dont buy it. get the kaplan practice tests for DAT OR MCAT

I took both the MCAT and DAT and found that the latter is significantly easier than the former. Any of the MCAT guide, if partly used in accordance with the ADA syllabus, will assuredly help you get good scores for the sciences. The following DAT guides have also been proved to be helpful for natural sciences and maths:

TopScore, Kaplan, DAT Achiever, and DAT Professor. These guides come complete with detailed answer solutions where you may similarly treat them as straight problems if need be.

I used examkrackers after hearing tons of people from last years application cycle rave about it. I found the 1001 OChem questions to be very similar to the DAT I took. I was so confident in OChem when I got there and my score showed it.

Dr. Rose said:
I used examkrackers after hearing tons of people from last years application cycle rave about it. I found the 1001 OChem questions to be very similar to the DAT I took. I was so confident in OChem when I got there and my score showed it.

i have a question about the Examkrackers 1001 O-Chem questions. Since the test is built for the MCAT, is there a lot of passage based questions in there? Obviously, I'd rather see 1001 standalone questions rather than a whole bunch of passages!