ExamKracker user(S)...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djjj08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can any normal premeds out there(who doesn't work for or get paid by MCAT prep companies) talk about EK review materials?

are they really that much better than others?

is it worth it to spend $145 on the set?

any opinions with EK experience will be appreciated!
(please don't post if u work for any company~)

Members don't see this ad.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion. What works for others might not work for you. How you do on the MCAT will be ultimately up to you, not the prep course/materials. EK's just making it a bit easier. ;)

Personally, EK materials have made my MCAT review MUCH more pleasant than reviewing materials from another prep company which shall remain nameless. With EK, I will be going into the exam feeling more confident because they don't try to scare the heck out of you with a bunch of useless information. EK emphasizes concepts rather than details. Would you rather spend your time learning concepts or memorizing useless details? It's up to you...

I used EK for the april 2002 mcat. I think they are really great. The material is presented very well (esp. physics) and makes mcat prep alot easier in IMO.

I took the mcat after being out of school for 3 years with no courseweek since '99, studied for the mcat 2.5 months before and basically had to relearn all of physics and some chem. I was still reviewing/learning material 2 weeks before the test and did well on the mcat. I really believe the EK materials helped me review/learn the material effectively.

But like Lavndrrose said, it really is up to you and how much effort and commitment you have to studying and doing well on this test. No test prep will get you >30 by itself.

-bonnie