Examkrackers 1001 MCAT Biology Questions for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bwinterroth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this book for DAT prep? I was wondering if the questions in this book are similar to those asked in the DAT. I know the orgo and gen chem ones are good for the DAT, but what about the bio one? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bwinterroth said:
Has anyone used this book for DAT prep? I was wondering if the questions in this book are similar to those asked in the DAT. I know the orgo and gen chem ones are good for the DAT, but what about the bio one? Thanks

i heard that the questions are answered directly from the passges. it is different than the dat. they will help, any practice test/ questions you do will help.

I don't think you should divert so much energy into this. Just totally focus on Kap book and their subject test. You'll be fine.

I used the organic 1001 questions and it was amazing, it goes through every functional group and gives problems pertaining to boiling pts, bonding, sterochemistry and the major and minor products for every compound.

Members don't see this ad :)
has any1 used this 1001 biology questions?

Sorry didn't wanna start a new thread :)

Thanks!

I haven't used that book in particular but I am using some MCAT materials for bio, but you have to realize that the MCAT is very focussed on Human biology and often neglects plant and prokaryote biology.

I remember reading someone who posted in a thread called "People with AA's over 20 help rookies" or something like that. Actually Mstoothlady I think you were the one that bumped it. Anyway, one person used all three of the EK
1001 science q's, and he said if he were to do it over again he wouldn't have gone through the Chemistry, or the Biology.

He said the Orgo was definately worth doing, but the Chem and Bio, in the end, are geared more toward the MCAT and he felt that you could spend more quality time doing problems elsewhere.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the EK books because my pre-med friends gave me all the books and i've been debating if I should bother with them?

i wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else has used the EK 1001 biology to prepare for DAT biology, and if they had any opinions on its relevance.

I've used the review books and I think there are better resources out there. For example, for gen and o chem I think chad does a better job. The passage based questions on the MCAT are so much different than the DAT. In alot of ways it's much harder than the DAT in MIO because they require higher level thinking but this doesnt translate well to the DAT because it seems like more of a recall test.

I just wanted to drill home the concepts with questions. thats why i was wondering if it was a decent source of practice questions.

Besides Destroyer.....what are some other good resources for practice biology questions for the DAT?

As someone already stated - just realize that it doesnt cover all the material that the DAT does. By this I mean phyla, plants, eco... maybe some more.

Did not want to make a new thread. I did not realize that the EK books were passage based. Does anyone have any other opinions for the EK Bio and Chem?

No don't use the 1001 questions for biology. I have it and its passage based just like the MCAT. Won't help you at all because either the information is going to be in the passage or you would have to know it. Don't use it. Use it for chem though if you have enough time.

Hmm I will be doing the cDAt so I won't use orgo, but it seems like chem works great. However isn't it also passage based?