Quantcast

Examkrackers: 1001 questions for bio and ochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tissy

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
785
Reaction score
12

Members don't see this ad.
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?
 

dj7DDS

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
tissy said:
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?

Hi,
May I know is it really 1001 multiple choice questions in EK or just question and answer? Thanks for your inputs! :)
 

dat_student

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
2,068
Reaction score
0
dj7DDS said:
Hi,
May I know is it really 1001 multiple choice questions in EK or just question and answer? Thanks for your inputs! :)

I have almost all EK books. yes 1001 multiple choice questions. Their G'Chem may be over-kill for the DAT. I only concentrated on my weak areas. Their bio & o'chem books are not as good in my opinion. I very much like the EK books. I bought them and used them to study & fnd my weak areas.

tissy said:
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?

the more the better. I bought both.
 

tuan209

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
dat_student said:
I have almost all EK books. yes 1001 multiple choice questions. Their G'Chem may be over-kill for the DAT. I only concentrated on my weak areas. Their bio & o'chem books are not as good in my opinion. I very much like the EK books. I bought them and used them to study & fnd my weak areas.



the more the better. I bought both.


what did you use mostly for the bio section? i found that the EK bio book was alot better than the Kaplan blue book in alot of areas. right now im really liking the EK bio + high-yield biology combo. I also have schaum but its a bit much.
 

dat_student

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
2,068
Reaction score
0
tuan209 said:
what did you use mostly for the bio section? i found that the EK bio book was alot better than the Kaplan blue book in alot of areas. right now im really liking the EK bio + high-yield biology combo. I also have schaum but its a bit much.

Bio:
I thoroughly read the following:
1) Princeton Review for MCAT students << good for everything but plants
2) Kaplan Review Book << a must for the plant stuff
3) High Yield Bio << I also used High Yield G'Chem & O'Chem
I used the following books as ref.:
4) Diff AP books (did some of the tests, not all)
5) schuam (only a few pages, my weak areas)
6) EK Bio (some of the questions)
7) online resources

Real DAT:
I think I missed one or two bio questions.
 

dj7DDS

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0

dat_student

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
2,068
Reaction score
0
dj7DDS said:
However, i saw amazon.com states that "This book contains 101 MCAT Biology passages and 1001 questions overall." What does that mean? i am a little bit confused... Here's the link:

pls see editorial reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/18.../103-8917778-9083825?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Thanks for any inputs!! :)

"1001 questions in MCAT biology":
Most questions are passage based

"1001 questions in MCAT chemistry"
I don't see any passages in this one. I use this book for classes I teach. It's a very good book. Again, this may be over-kill for the DAT
 

dj7DDS

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
By the way, what is the difference b/w "Examkrackers MCAT Biology (Examkrackers Mcat)" and "Examkrackers 1001 McAt Biology Questions (Examkrackers)"? Thanks for your help! :p
Which one is better?
 
Top