tissy

U.S. Public Health Service
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Connecticut
Status
Dentist
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?

dj7DDS

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
tissy said:
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?
Hi,
May I know is it really 1001 multiple choice questions in EK or just question and answer? Thanks for your inputs! :)

OP
tissy

tissy

U.S. Public Health Service
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Connecticut
Status
Dentist
dj7DDS said:
Hi,
May I know is it really 1001 multiple choice questions in EK or just question and answer? Thanks for your inputs! :)
There are 1001 mulitple choice and answers in the back of the book. :)

About the Ads

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Weyburn Terrace :-)
Status
dj7DDS said:
Hi,
I have almost all EK books. yes 1001 multiple choice questions. Their G'Chem may be over-kill for the DAT. I only concentrated on my weak areas. Their bio & o'chem books are not as good in my opinion. I very much like the EK books. I bought them and used them to study & fnd my weak areas.

tissy said:
the more the better. I bought both.

tuan209

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
dat_student said:
I have almost all EK books. yes 1001 multiple choice questions. Their G'Chem may be over-kill for the DAT. I only concentrated on my weak areas. Their bio & o'chem books are not as good in my opinion. I very much like the EK books. I bought them and used them to study & fnd my weak areas.

the more the better. I bought both.

what did you use mostly for the bio section? i found that the EK bio book was alot better than the Kaplan blue book in alot of areas. right now im really liking the EK bio + high-yield biology combo. I also have schaum but its a bit much.

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status
tuan209 said:
what did you use mostly for the bio section? i found that the EK bio book was alot better than the Kaplan blue book in alot of areas. right now im really liking the EK bio + high-yield biology combo. I also have schaum but its a bit much.
Bio:
I thoroughly read the following:
1) Princeton Review for MCAT students << good for everything but plants
2) Kaplan Review Book << a must for the plant stuff
3) High Yield Bio << I also used High Yield G'Chem & O'Chem
I used the following books as ref.:
4) Diff AP books (did some of the tests, not all)
5) schuam (only a few pages, my weak areas)
6) EK Bio (some of the questions)
7) online resources

Real DAT:
I think I missed one or two bio questions.

dj7DDS

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status
dj7DDS said:
However, i saw amazon.com states that "This book contains 101 MCAT Biology passages and 1001 questions overall." What does that mean? i am a little bit confused... Here's the link:

pls see editorial reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1893858219/ref=dp_return_2/103-8917778-9083825?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Thanks for any inputs!! :)
"1001 questions in MCAT biology":
Most questions are passage based

"1001 questions in MCAT chemistry"
I don't see any passages in this one. I use this book for classes I teach. It's a very good book. Again, this may be over-kill for the DAT

dj7DDS

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
By the way, what is the difference b/w "Examkrackers MCAT Biology (Examkrackers Mcat)" and "Examkrackers 1001 McAt Biology Questions (Examkrackers)"? Thanks for your help! :p
Which one is better?

About the Ads