• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

tissy

15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Connecticut
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?

dj7DDS

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
tissy said:
I love the practice in my EK 1001 questions for Gen Chem...so i'm interested in buying the bio and ochem. Should I buy the standalone questions(1001 quesitons) or the other one which covers lectures and questions?

Hi,
May I know is it really 1001 multiple choice questions in EK or just question and answer? Thanks for your inputs! :)

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Weyburn Terrace :-)
Status (Visible)
dj7DDS said:
Hi,
May I know is it really 1001 multiple choice questions in EK or just question and answer? Thanks for your inputs! :)

I have almost all EK books. yes 1001 multiple choice questions. Their G'Chem may be over-kill for the DAT. I only concentrated on my weak areas. Their bio & o'chem books are not as good in my opinion. I very much like the EK books. I bought them and used them to study & fnd my weak areas.

tissy said:

the more the better. I bought both.

About the Ads

tuan209

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
dat_student said:
I have almost all EK books. yes 1001 multiple choice questions. Their G'Chem may be over-kill for the DAT. I only concentrated on my weak areas. Their bio & o'chem books are not as good in my opinion. I very much like the EK books. I bought them and used them to study & fnd my weak areas.

the more the better. I bought both.

what did you use mostly for the bio section? i found that the EK bio book was alot better than the Kaplan blue book in alot of areas. right now im really liking the EK bio + high-yield biology combo. I also have schaum but its a bit much.

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
tuan209 said:
what did you use mostly for the bio section? i found that the EK bio book was alot better than the Kaplan blue book in alot of areas. right now im really liking the EK bio + high-yield biology combo. I also have schaum but its a bit much.

Bio:
I thoroughly read the following:
1) Princeton Review for MCAT students << good for everything but plants
2) Kaplan Review Book << a must for the plant stuff
3) High Yield Bio << I also used High Yield G'Chem & O'Chem
I used the following books as ref.:
4) Diff AP books (did some of the tests, not all)
5) schuam (only a few pages, my weak areas)
6) EK Bio (some of the questions)
7) online resources

Real DAT:
I think I missed one or two bio questions.

dj7DDS

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
dj7DDS said:
However, i saw amazon.com states that "This book contains 101 MCAT Biology passages and 1001 questions overall." What does that mean? i am a little bit confused... Here's the link:

pls see editorial reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/18.../103-8917778-9083825?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Thanks for any inputs!! :)

"1001 questions in MCAT biology":
Most questions are passage based

"1001 questions in MCAT chemistry"
I don't see any passages in this one. I use this book for classes I teach. It's a very good book. Again, this may be over-kill for the DAT

dj7DDS

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
By the way, what is the difference b/w "Examkrackers MCAT Biology (Examkrackers Mcat)" and "Examkrackers 1001 McAt Biology Questions (Examkrackers)"? Thanks for your help! :p
Which one is better?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.