Examkrackers 1001 Questions in McAt Organic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

el.harpo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search on this topic and I didn't find any posts on this topic that were satisfactory.

I haven't taken Organic in over 1.5 years and am currently enrolled in TPR. Their Organic section in the Biological Sciences Review seems too indepth to me and it seems kind of like a drag to go through a visual subject like Organic in black and white. I have the EK Complete Study Set along with every other EK 1001/101 series book except for the 1001 Organic one. I decided to use the EK Organic Review as it is more colorful and I feel that it will help me review this material much faster. However, I was wondering what I should do for extra practice to bring up my confidence.

Normally, I would have just bought it without thinking twice but some of the reviews on Amazon.com say that this book isn't as great as the other ones. I was wondering if anyone that has used this book in particular could share their opinions on it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I learned some quality stuff from it...and it especially let me get things like all my boiling point/melting point versus molecular branching straght as well as things like property differences among enantiomers and diastereomers. Those are some small examples but yeah, just all those nitty gritty little details that annoy the heeby jeebies out of you. I got it for 20 bucks too, so I can't complain.

edit: Oh and make sure to, after studying, bang your head with it till you fall unconscious. This makes sure the information stays in your head!

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought EK1001 Organic Chem just a few weeks ago.

So far, I've randomly done topics I've felt weak in and it seems pretty good. However, a lot of the questions are extremely easy and not MCAT-style format. Most of them are answerable in under 10 seconds. If you're having real trouble with the material, then I suggest you get it since it really reinforces the basic concepts. But if you understand the basics and want to get some critical thinking practice, get something else like TPR Science Workbook.

Thanks guys....just ordered the book from Amazon. I'd try the whole banging my head thing but if I did that everytime I studied then I wouldn't have any brain cells left by the time I take the MCAT :p.

Going to supplement this with the TPR Science Workbook (as recommended by SensesFail) and the In Class Compendium.