Examkrackers 1001 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stated in a previous thread, I already have the complete EK set. I looked on other threads, and it was almost 50/50 on whether or not to get the EK 1001 q's and the 101 verbal. What is everyone's opinion on getting the 1001 q's and 101 verbal from EK? Worth shelling out about $100+ to get the whole set?

Members don't see this ad.

i'll never understand why people swear by the EK 1001 question sets for the sciences...i feel like they have a lot of errors and they don't do a good job explaining answers. TPR for the sciences, all the way.

EK verbal, not great, but definitely worth buying. it helped me practice my timing more than anything, which for me is critical with that section. we'll see the payoff next week though.

Yes you should buy the VR 101, it's dead useful. But Bio 1001 is less so. The passages in it are too easy, in my opinion. I think you would be better served by doing EK 30-min quizzes and AAMC tests. If you have the TPR Science workbook, stick with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that 1001 Bio is good - lots of people say this in 30+ thread just because it's the only passage based one. Far 2nd place is Physics/Gen chem then distant last place would be O-chem. I don't think you can get enough practice, and I think the 1001 books give you that for sure, and targeted practice of your weak areas. Just look at mterp who scored 15 PS 15 BS, he did all 4004 EK questions.

Stated in a previous thread, I already have the complete EK set. I looked on other threads, and it was almost 50/50 on whether or not to get the EK 1001 q's and the 101 verbal. What is everyone's opinion on getting the 1001 q's and 101 verbal from EK? Worth shelling out about $100+ to get the whole set?

Get 1001 bio and 101 verbal. They're the only ones in MCAT format.

Yes you should buy the VR 101, it's dead useful. But Bio 1001 is less so. The passages in it are too easy, in my opinion. I think you would be better served by doing EK 30-min quizzes and AAMC tests. If you have the TPR Science workbook, stick with that.

I disagree with this. I think it's great practice. I also think the 1001 in other subjects are good to allow you to practice problems you're having. I can assure you I will go through them all.

For all those that did buy all the EK review books including 1001 Q's and 101 verbal, how long did it take you to prepare for the test and how many hours a day did you study? If you didnt buy the whole set, what other books did you use?

It seems like everyone's consensus is that Verbal 101 is very good, yet the 1001 questions are a toss up. It's going to be a hard decision whether or not to buy the whole 1001 series.

I disagree with this. I think it's great practice. I also think the 1001 in other subjects are good to allow you to practice problems you're having. I can assure you I will go through them all.

For me, they weren't good practice. I found that the passages did not reflect the difficulty of the AAMC exams or the real exam. I would suggest doing them only after you have exhausted all the other materials.

For me, they weren't good practice. I found that the passages did not reflect the difficulty of the AAMC exams or the real exam. I would suggest doing them only after you have exhausted all the other materials.

You must have had a nightmare of an exam, because some of the 1001 bio questions are tricky.

OP, you if you are going to buy any I would definitely go with 101 verbal and the BIO 1001. Then decide what you should get after that.

Elmo must have been on fire when he did the Ek bio 1001 q's, because I'm sure most wouldn't call them "easy".

I actually found the 1001 questions easier than the exam itself. I think what the 1001 lacks is the same complexity of application as the real MCAT...Although I might be thinking this because there was 1 particularly bad biology passage on AAMC 7. Most of that biology section did seem like 1001 (answers could be answered without the passage).

You must have had a nightmare of an exam, because some of the 1001 bio questions are tricky.

OP, you if you are going to buy any I would definitely go with 101 verbal and the BIO 1001. Then decide what you should get after that.

Elmo must have been on fire when he did the Ek bio 1001 q's, because I'm sure most wouldn't call them "easy".

No I wasn't on fire. Search around the forum for past threads, you will find that people found 1001 Bio questions to be on the easy side.

OP, like I said before, I don't recommend the 1001 Bio. Only after you have finished all the other materials should you look at the 1001 Bio.

I actually found the 1001 questions easier than the exam itself. I think what the 1001 lacks is the same complexity of application as the real MCAT...Although I might be thinking this because there was 1 particularly bad biology passage on AAMC 7. Most of that biology section did seem like 1001 (answers could be answered without the passage).

Yes that seems to be the consensus.

Yes that seems to be the consensus.

I would hardly say that preparing you for 6/7 passages is a waste of time.

I just bought the 1001 and 101 verbal questions. Most on this thread and the many other threads out there suggest that 1001 chem and 1001 physics aren't the best. I'll take a chance with them and see how it is.

I know I'm late, but yeah, I'd still get them. I thought they really helped me nail down my understanding of the various topics. Through using the physics especially, I found that I didn't understand some things as well as I would like. Furthermore, for whatever reason, they helped me visual the problem in the head and made the equations intuitive to use. Plus, doing more timed practice problems is always a good thing.

The only negative for the non-bio and VR practice books is, as pointed out already, they aren't in the right format (unless you think of them as tons of discretes). Nevertheless, they were very helpful for the above reasons. Lastly, this problem would be alleviated by the other practice material. There are also the practice tests as well.

To sum up, yes, they're helpful; however, they should act as supplements to your other practice material. If you're strapped for cash, get the TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook, EK Bio 1001, and EK Verbal 101.

Thanks for the replay SN2. Your post pretty much gives the all go for me. I'll be taking TPR in june as well, so I'll have other material to aid in physics and chemistry. I've also read and heard that TPR bio isn't bad either.