ExamKrackers 101 Passages Scores opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TennisWalk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have finished the Kaplan books for content review and am now doing passages from the ExamKrackers 101 passages books (I have the CARS, Bio systems, Biochem, and Psych/Soc book). I have just started the books and ive been scoring between 50-60% on the passages. This really worries me because I felt confident about the material before starting, but these scores are really horrible.
What have you guys been scoring on these passages and what did you end up with on the real thing, THANKS!

I plan on finishing these books, then doing 3 kaplan FLs and the 3 AAMC FLs and other AAMC materials next.

Should I even be doing these ExamKrackers, or should i spend my time doing other practice materials instead.
Also, im taking the exam in less that 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

The EK CARS is gold. Was getting ~70% and scored highest on CARS section (87th percentile). The strategies in that CARS book are valuable for nearly all standardized exams.

The other books are not as complete since the other sections have actual content you need to know. But the next best book is the psychosocial one.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone, I have finished the Kaplan books for content review and am now doing passages from the ExamKrackers 101 passages books (I have the CARS, Bio systems, Biochem, and Psych/Soc book). I have just started the books and ive been scoring between 50-60% on the passages. This really worries me because I felt confident about the material before starting, but these scores are really horrible.
What have you guys been scoring on these passages and what did you end up with on the real thing, THANKS!

I plan on finishing these books, then doing 3 kaplan FLs and the 3 AAMC FLs and other AAMC materials next.

Should I even be doing these ExamKrackers, or should i spend my time doing other practice materials instead.
Also, im taking the exam in less that 2 months.

To be honest, I don't think the EK passages were that great in terms of accuracy, but are still better than a lot of other resources out there. For perspective, I think I was getting 2-3 wrong per passage and ended up with a 100% on the sample exam (the only practice test we had when I took it) and 132 on the real exam. I would only start worrying if you see low scores on official AAMC material.

Members don't see this ad :)
The EK CARS is gold. Was getting ~70% and scored highest on CARS section (87th percentile). The strategies in that CARS book are valuable for nearly all standardized exams.

The other books are not as complete since the other sections have actual content you need to know. But the next best book is the psychosocial one.

Are you talking about the EK 101 or the normal EK books? Thanks

To be honest, I don't think the EK passages were that great in terms of accuracy, but are still better than a lot of other resources out there. For perspective, I think I was getting 2-3 wrong per passage and ended up with a 100% on the sample exam (the only practice test we had when I took it) and 132 on the real exam. I would only start worrying if you see low scores on official AAMC material.

The passages in my EK 101 book are 5-6 questions long, so youre saying you got around half the questions wrong? Or were the older passages longer. Thanks