ExamKrackers 30-Minute Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmission

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, to anyone who has prepared recently with the EK materials, have the 30-Minute examinations for the various lectures been helpful in general? Do the scores you received on these tests correlate closely to your actual (or practice) MCAT results?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering, to anyone who has prepared recently with the EK materials, have the 30-Minute examinations for the various lectures been helpful in general? Do the scores you received on these tests correlate closely to your actual (or practice) MCAT results?

No. Those exams are hard. The easy questions are omitted.

However, doing those questions gives you practice. I would suggest fully understanding the solutions to them. However, they are a bit outrageous for the live MCAT.

I did terribly on those exams and did fine on the real thing. Take it with a grain of salt. If you can do the 30min exams, you're in great shape. If not... don't stress over it. Just figure out what went wrong and move on.

No. Those exams are hard. The easy questions are omitted.

However, doing those questions gives you practice. I would suggest fully understanding the solutions to them. However, they are a bit outrageous for the live MCAT.

I did terribly on those exams and did fine on the real thing. Take it with a grain of salt. If you can do the 30min exams, you're in great shape. If not... don't stress over it. Just figure out what went wrong and move on.

Man, thank you...you made my day....I have been doing terrible on physics and biology on them...my highest on bio was 12 and average is 10 and lowest is 8...in physics lowest is 7 and highest is 10....I was aiming for 12+ in the real thing...thank you!

I've generally heard that EK questions are very difficult compared to live MCAT. I can't attest to this yet, but I study with EK and TPR. I do terrible in EK 30 minute exams, and about the same in the 1001 questions. However, I did get a 30 on my first practice AAMC and I did not find the questions were as hard as EK. Also, going through alot of the TPR passages and they are not as hard as EK. However, I always like to approach my classes like I did in football: practice really hard and gameday will seem like nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your opinions on the 16 Mini-MCATs? I was about to start taking them (I have taken all the AAMCS...)