ExamKrackers 7th Edition still as good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UniBoy4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the ExamKrackers 7th Edition books cover the material for the MCAT in 2013 as well as they did when the books were released (2007)? Have there been any (if even minor) changes to the MCAT content that I should be aware of?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes--the laws of Physics and Gen Chem haven't changed--thus most of the stuff is the same.

EK is good for general review--should make sure you supplement it with other material.
Yes, the material hasn't changed, but I don't feel EK 7th edition is adequate in their style of questions. Anyone preparing to take the MCAT later this year has to start getting comfortable with research methods for Bio and Organic. EK is not going to help you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, the material hasn't changed, but I don't feel EK 7th edition is adequate in their style of questions. Anyone preparing to take the MCAT later this year has to start getting comfortable with research methods for Bio and Organic. EK is not going to help you there.

Not to sound anal or anything, but aren't you implying that the material has changed (or at least, in general, the importance given to certain topics has changed)?

Not to sound anal or anything, but aren't you implying that the material has changed (or at least, in general, the importance given to certain topics has changed)?
I don't believe he's saying that. Rather, he's saying that the way questions are asked has changed. The material is still the same.

TBR seems to be the ideal. I tried TPRH, but I don't think they prepare you well in Chemistry or Physics.
TPRHL and Chad's videos will teach you the material, but their questions are not adequate I don't think. Granted, this is without knowing what my score is. I will update/revisit this thread once I have my results in a month...and if I did well, I will change my tune, because obviously TPR and Chad would have done something right :)

I used the entire 7th edition EK set and I thought it was really, really good content review and I thought I did fine on my MCAT