examkrackers- 7th edition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d33ds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is examkrackers actually coming out with a 7th edition? i'm afraid to buy it now and then a new version comes out next week....

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about a newer edition, other than the fact that the 100/1000 Question books have quite a few errors. I'd hope they would be fixed come the new versions.

Yeah, there is a 7th edition. I just got them, but I am in their course. I'm not sure if they are available to everyone yet. I don't think there is much difference in the books though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where the errata for the 1001/101 books are found? I looked on the examkrackers website, but i can't seem to find where they are? Can anyone post a link, if you have it? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, there is a 7th edition. I just got them, but I am in their course. I'm not sure if they are available to everyone yet. I don't think there is much difference in the books though.

yep they are not available in the market yet untill you are in their course.
Would you mind letting us know how they look? Did a lot change since 6th edition?
How did they approach the CBT in the books? Is the practice exam in that form on some CD etc ect?
Thanks in advance

Does anyone know where the errata for the 1001/101 books are found? I looked on the examkrackers website, but i can't seem to find where they are? Can anyone post a link, if you have it? Thanks in advance!

email EK they should be able to direct you to the right place. They respond very quickly so it will probobly be the best way to go about it.

yep they are not available in the market yet untill you are in their course.
Would you mind letting us know how they look? Did a lot change since 6th edition?
How did they approach the CBT in the books? Is the practice exam in that form on some CD etc ect?
Thanks in advance

sorry for responding so late, I have been really busy. Unfortunatley, I haven't seen any of the earlier editions of EK books to make a comparison. There is mention about the test change, but the overall material might be the same. I am sure they corrected a lot of errata and what not. The practice exams are still paper based, and hard as ever. I swear those 30 minute practice exams are the devil. The books overall are pretty good. I like them over the competitors so far. I like that their effective use of visual aids and humor. The books are pretty good reads. I hope that helps.

sorry for responding so late, I have been really busy. Unfortunatley, I haven't seen any of the earlier editions of EK books to make a comparison. There is mention about the test change, but the overall material might be the same. I am sure they corrected a lot of errata and what not. The practice exams are still paper based, and hard as ever. I swear those 30 minute practice exams are the devil. The books overall are pretty good. I like them over the competitors so far. I like that their effective use of visual aids and humor. The books are pretty good reads. I hope that helps.

oh, then i guess they didn't really change that much. probobly just errata corection. Anyways, i have made thread about the 30-minute end of lecture exams, so if you want to add something that would be great
here is the link http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=366567
:luck: with study and thanks for the info:D

what is the MAJOR difference be2win the 6th and 7th edition? I bought the 6th edition recently. Should I return it?

what is the MAJOR difference be2win the 6th and 7th edition? I bought the 6th edition recently. Should I return it?

Sounds like they didn't stress the CBT that much other than mentioning it, I'd stick with the 6th. The errata is negligible, you'll be fine.

I dunno, the way EK #6 attacked Ochem in some areas was very wierd. Like "you aren't tested on this, but read this anyways" Like they weren't sure what was going on. I know they could have stream-lined the Ochem and delivered it in a better manner. I bet that has changed.

EK 7th Editions are finally available on Amazon for a whooping 110 bucks, much cheaper than on Ek.com

By the way, I have been talking with the staff at EK who confirmed there is NOTHING different about this edition than the 6th edition. Only difference is correcting the few errors that the 6th edition had.

mshheaddoc,

Thank you for the leg work. I have been searching for cheap versions of EK 6th edition, but amazon seems to be the cheapest place to pick them up (in the time frame I need delivered). It is funny how teh 6th edition and the 7th edition are the same price on amazon. So i guess I am just going to pick up the 7th.

Thanks everyone for their input

From what I remember, there wasn't much difference between the 5th and 6th version either. In reality, the information that the MCAT tests really hasn't changed...its just how each company presents it. I used EK and TPR together. TPR was best for depth...EK was good for a different way to look at things and gimmicks to remember stuff. AudioOsmosis was great...but I listened to it about 4 hours a day at my job. For all intensive purposes, the editions are pretty much the same.

7th edition is available to everyone!!!

After a quick scan of the first chapters of bio, verbal, chemistry, and physics, there is only a 2 page difference.

The pages in the verbal text that gives the overview of the MCAT have been changed to reflect the new time frame and # of questions. That is it that I could see. Then a few pages later when EK talks about how everyone can read the passages and finish on time, they revert back to the whole 85 minute time frame!!!
UGH.

But, on the plus side, I looked at the errata for the chemistry and there were a few mistakes on the ions on the periodic table and those seem to have been corrected.

I bought the 7th edition, but that was because nobody would tell me if there was a big difference or not.
Luckily, I sold my 6th edition study package for what I bought it for. :D