Examkrackers AND Kaplan ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtepper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently doing 2 passages a night from the EK 101 verbal (and getting very frustrated... but slowly learning..... I think). At this rate I will finish the book 2 weeks before my MCAT. However(KEY WORD!), I want to take full length verbal tests to see how I'm doing. I don't think I want to use my EK book because I don't want the topics fresh in my mind for when I go through the passages at night. I am also taking a kaplan course and have access to their verbal full lengths. I have heard that kaplan verbal isn't that great, and I'm starting to notice. Even though they aren't great, will it hurt to take kaplan verbal tests? Will it throw off the techniques that I learned by practicing with EK? Thanks ahead of time. By the way, like most people here, I'm going bonkers! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently doing 2 passages a night from the EK 101 verbal (and getting very frustrated... but slowly learning..... I think). At this rate I will finish the book 2 weeks before my MCAT. However(KEY WORD!), I want to take full length verbal tests to see how I'm doing. I don't think I want to use my EK book because I don't want the topics fresh in my mind for when I go through the passages at night. I am also taking a kaplan course and have access to their verbal full lengths. I have heard that kaplan verbal isn't that great, and I'm starting to notice. Even though they aren't great, will it hurt to take kaplan verbal tests? Will it throw off the techniques that I learned by practicing with EK? Thanks ahead of time. By the way, like most people here, I'm going bonkers! :scared:

You should still take the Kaplan verbals. They were not made to accommodate the Kaplan Verbal strategy. They are just practice and you can use any method you want.

Advice from me, I took the Kaplan Course, just finished it. If you can still cancel, I'd say go ahead and just get the Online stuff. The videos they have for the classes is great. Its like watching/listening the class except your at home and can rewind, etc. The class wasnt bad, but I wish I could have save some money and gas to drive there. Either way, its your money.