• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

kobeforpresidnt

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

Am I the only person who has noticed a lot of errors with EK's 7th ed bio text and 1001 questions in biology? The bio text is just spelling errors, but in the 1001 questions they have answers that I am pretty sure are wrong. Has anyone using EK noticed this? I generally find their study material helpful, but this type of stuff is disconcerting.

Malayna

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

Am I the only person who has noticed a lot of errors with EK's 7th ed bio text and 1001 questions in biology? The bio text is just spelling errors, but in the 1001 questions they have answers that I am pretty sure are wrong. Has anyone using EK noticed this? I generally find their study material helpful, but this type of stuff is disconcerting.

I have the sixth edition of the biology book and it is full of typos too. I like their biology book, but I have to admit that all of the little typos here and there make it hard to concentrate at times. I thought it was just me being anal retentive, so I'm really glad someone else noticed the typos too. :)

I stopped doing their questions after about 100 or so, because they don't explain things well (or at all many times). There are questions where I think the answer is wrong, but because the explanations are so minimal, I'm not sure if it's a typo and they are wrong or if I'm missing something. I decided that I'm not going to use EK passages or questions for anything except verbal. I just don't like that uncertain feeling I got after doing some of their questions that they might be wrong.

Despite the typos and not very useful questions, I do like their biology review.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.