1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Examkrackers bio review problems/errors

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by kobeforpresidnt, Dec 15, 2008.

1. kobeforpresidnt

Removed

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

Am I the only person who has noticed a lot of errors with EK's 7th ed bio text and 1001 questions in biology? The bio text is just spelling errors, but in the 1001 questions they have answers that I am pretty sure are wrong. Has anyone using EK noticed this? I generally find their study material helpful, but this type of stuff is disconcerting.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Caesar

Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The search function turned up this thread, maybe it can help you?

(I haven't started 1001 yet, so I am unaware).

4. Malayna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have the sixth edition of the biology book and it is full of typos too. I like their biology book, but I have to admit that all of the little typos here and there make it hard to concentrate at times. I thought it was just me being anal retentive, so I'm really glad someone else noticed the typos too. :)

I stopped doing their questions after about 100 or so, because they don't explain things well (or at all many times). There are questions where I think the answer is wrong, but because the explanations are so minimal, I'm not sure if it's a typo and they are wrong or if I'm missing something. I decided that I'm not going to use EK passages or questions for anything except verbal. I just don't like that uncertain feeling I got after doing some of their questions that they might be wrong.

Despite the typos and not very useful questions, I do like their biology review.