1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Examkrackers bio review problems/errors

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by kobeforpresidnt, Dec 15, 2008.

1. kobeforpresidnt

Removed

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

Am I the only person who has noticed a lot of errors with EK's 7th ed bio text and 1001 questions in biology? The bio text is just spelling errors, but in the 1001 questions they have answers that I am pretty sure are wrong. Has anyone using EK noticed this? I generally find their study material helpful, but this type of stuff is disconcerting.

2. Caesar

Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The search function turned up this thread, maybe it can help you?

(I haven't started 1001 yet, so I am unaware).

3. Malayna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have the sixth edition of the biology book and it is full of typos too. I like their biology book, but I have to admit that all of the little typos here and there make it hard to concentrate at times. I thought it was just me being anal retentive, so I'm really glad someone else noticed the typos too. :)

I stopped doing their questions after about 100 or so, because they don't explain things well (or at all many times). There are questions where I think the answer is wrong, but because the explanations are so minimal, I'm not sure if it's a typo and they are wrong or if I'm missing something. I decided that I'm not going to use EK passages or questions for anything except verbal. I just don't like that uncertain feeling I got after doing some of their questions that they might be wrong.

Despite the typos and not very useful questions, I do like their biology review.