1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Examkrackers bio?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by holacola, Sep 4, 2014.

1. holacola

Pre-Medical
    Can anyone comment on this book? Does it present a sufficient enough content review for the MCAT? Is there a big difference between the 2007 and 2013 versions? Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's probably sufficient to cover content that you NEED to know, but generally, it helps to know a little more than what EK teaches, since your passage analysis isn't going to be 100% perfect all the time and it will help to have more background information.

I highly recommend TPR Biology for content review. You should supplement this with the TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook for biology passages.

4. mik30102

Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I dont think it goes far enough. It was the only thing I used as a quick refresher since I was very strong with bio already as a pharmacy student. On my actual mcat there were several things I only knew due to my background that the book never mentioned.

5. acapnial

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Examkrackers is great review for subjects you are strong in. If bio's a weak area, you might do well to consider a different book.

6. holacola

Pre-Medical
    Thank you all for the advice!
    Anyone know if there's a big difference between the 2007 and 2013 versions? Wondering if it's worth it to buy the new version.

7. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    2013 most likely has less errors.

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

8. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Not good if you need to be taught everything. Perfectly appropriate if you know the basics and/or just need review.

I used EK exclusively and thought it was excellent and concise. However it's not for everyone.

cactus8910 likes this.