crewboy

10+ Year Member
May 11, 2006
Status
Just a little info, if you have an EK 1001 biology book that you dont need anymore , those suckers are going on ebay for more than $100, since the publisher is sold out . If you wanna pick up some cash you should try and sell it

Christo1

10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
EK said they would come out with more bio books in the frist couple of days in August, which is now..

So if anyone is thinking about dropping $100 for it, i would call EK and get an update first.

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Texas
Status
Dental Student
Wow, there is one for $177 dollars as I type this (7 bids, 2 days left). I had tried to order one right when they ran out, so I didn't get one. I decided that I'd probably be ok without it, but I wish I had gotten one now so that I could sell it and cover the cost of the exam itself :(

About the Ads

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
Status
it is sold everywhere. I just sold mine for $89 after all the fee on amazon. That book sucked anyways. I was not happy at all with the quality of some of the questions and passages. I think it is the worst of all the EK 1001 question series book. I am very happy with their Physics, Orgo, and Gen Chem ones.

Pdiddy310

Med School 4.0
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
the Pale Blue Dot
Status
Attending Physician
Creightonite said:
it is sold everywhere. I just sold mine for $89 after all the fee on amazon. That book sucked anyways. I was not happy at all with the quality of some of the questions and passages. I think it is the worst of all the EK 1001 question series book. I am very happy with their Physics, Orgo, and Gen Chem ones.
How'd you feel about the EK MCAT Physics review book?

OP
C

crewboy

10+ Year Member
May 11, 2006
Status
I have done the physics, gen chem, and am working on orgo right now. Physics is my weak point and I have found the book very helpful. I missed a lot of questions but the explanations are good so I learned a lot from doing them , which from the way I see it is all that really matters. I also found it helpful because by doing a lot of questions you get to see how a certain topic can be tested many different ways. And the repetitive nature of the book helped solidify some key points.

Mr. Tee

Indentured servant
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2005
Status
MD/PhD Student
Thanks for the heads up.

Summer Sweet

Le chéri, c'est la vie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I bought the EK set, both the study package and the question books, but they're still untouched since I decided to wait for next year, and I'm still trying to keep up with my TPR course. This is interesting though, 'cuz maybe I can make some $ now and buy a new one next year... :p

About the Ads