ExamKrackers Errata

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAGuyana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck getting the errata for the 7th edition study set? If so, can you please PM me or post here. It seems we have to pay a registration fee to join the forum to see this info. Ridiculous!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any luck getting the errata for the 7th edition study set? If so, can you please PM me or post here. It seems we have to pay a registration fee to join the forum to see this info. Ridiculous!

Let us all join into a class-action suit against ExamKrackers. False advertisement and promises. The books clearly say you can access the list of errata via their website with "no fee" mention since it is their mistakes! Let's sue him for damages.

Let us all join into a class-action suit against ExamKrackers. False advertisement and promises. The books clearly say you can access the list of errata via their website with "no fee" mention since it is their mistakes! Let's sue him for damages.

I think they are working on making it available on the free portion of their site... they said they needed a little time.

i called them up today b/c i have the 6th edition and they said that they are going to be putting the errata forum back up for the 7th edition soon for free. but they no longer deal with below 5th season. i don't understand though, i wanted the errors for my 6th edition and she said they don't have it b/c the forum errata is only for the 7th edition. i was in shock b/c its not like they simply delete the old errata forums once a new version comes out but this is what she seemed to imply.

this makes me angry because there's no way i can get the errors from my 6th edition. and get this, she actually told me if i had a question and think there might be an error that i could post it on the forum and someone would reply. i think she's missing the point. EK is really getting on my nerves...

Members don't see this ad :)
"I think they are working on making it available on the free portion of their site... they said they needed a little time."

This problem has been known as far back as June, judging by some of the posts on some threads! How much more time do they need?

Go figure...I still say f*ck em! Cannot wait until all these companies are sued.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've been trying to access the errata and it seems their promises from last year weren't kept and they are still charging for access and it's almost a year later. Anyone have any luck?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've been trying to access the errata and it seems their promises from last year weren't kept and they are still charging for access and it's almost a year later. Anyone have any luck?

I am so fcking pi**ed at EK and their policies. By chance, I have both the 6th and 7th editions of the MCAT complete package books(someone gave me the 7th edition), and

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

I think the only nominal difference would be that they changed some of the font colors on the side and drew an extra salty pic or 2(not of him doing anything useful, but smiling and acting like an idiot, as usual).

Not only that, they say on their webpage "It is not true that EK books are full of errata." Bull****.

I'm way angrier because I've been working on EK 1001 Bio today, and they had 2 errors in just ONE CHAPTER. One of the problems was all about prokaryotic mitosis-- which would seem to be impossible, considering prokaryotes do not undergo mitosis.

Fck EK. EK sucks. I wish EK and the the EK company people much ill!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Edited to say:
I just found 2 more errors. This makes a total of FOUR errors in 1 chapter. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:
I said it in another thread. Lets pitch in and get a subscription and share the errata.

All I can say about that question (733) is maybe it ment "mitotic-like division"

I too have a bone to pick with EK about their errata. For one thing, the 6th and 7th edition books are the same thing with some typos removed, old typos overlooked, and new typos added (none of which are seriously problematic).

The "paid forum" which I bought into for 3 months access doesn't even contain but 1-2 errors per book and when you challenge a question some moderator comes back and insists the student is wrong, not the book.

The 1001 books are wrought with errors, inconsistencies and vague/counterintuitive explanations (particularly the biology one which I completed 2 times cover to cover) yet theres no real easy way to view the errors (not that they would admit to them) because the forum is haphazardly arranged.

All in all, I suggest you save your money and don't buy the forum access--- your not missing much because theres hardly anything there. Of course, I don't blame EK for having errors, these things happen... but the errata forum is just a waste of time/money.

You know what, we should make our own EK errata subforum here. When enough people reach a consensus that there is an error in the book (besides spelling errors) it should be documented so future people aren't going "OMFG IS THIS AN ERROR".

It seems that it's not even worth getting into then if you are just going to run into errors and not get the answers for them.