1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Examkrackers Live MCAT class?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by paki20, Apr 23, 2007.

1. paki20

paki20 Member
    10+ Year Member

I already have all the examkrackers material (audio osmosis, examkrackers review set, 1001s and 101s, etc) so is it worth signing up for the live MCAT class? It says the lectures are only 50 minutes and the rest of the time is spent on testing...so its not worth paying $1000+ just to sit there and work on the practice materials when I can do that at home right? or are the materials different? even then is it worth it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paki20

paki20 Member
    10+ Year Member

4. booji

booji Member
    7+ Year Member

From my understanding the EK classes basically give you their books (that you can buy separately) and their/AAMC exams. If you really think you will benefit from the actual lecture, then go for it, but if you ask me, since you have all of the material, it wont really be worth your time. You would probably be better of learning the stuff on your own.

Good Luck

5. The Force

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    From my experience, the each class is an overview of the corresponding lecture in the book, followed by a 30 minute in class exam (also in the book). I thought it was a waste of time, but it really depends on your learning style. If you like to be lectured, then go for it. It also gives you an opportunity to ask questions and can help you stay on a schedule. Other than that, there isn't anything extra in the live class.

6. paki20

paki20 Member
    10+ Year Member

cool thanks for the help!