ExamKrackers MCAT Biology Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HEpennypacker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
Has anyone used this book to study for their DATS? I am using DAT Destroyer as my main source of Biology material. However, I wanted to read something also and use something as a reference to the Destroyer. I got this book for free and am considering using it. I also have KBB, Cliffs AP Bio, and Barrons AP Bio (which I know to stay away from). What do you guys think?

Thanks!!

Ez

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All,
Has anyone used this book to study for their DATS? I am using DAT Destroyer as my main source of Biology material. However, I wanted to read something also and use something as a reference to the Destroyer. I got this book for free and am considering using it. I also have KBB, Cliffs AP Bio, and Barrons AP Bio (which I know to stay away from). What do you guys think?

Thanks!!

Ez

I also got the ExamKracker's MCAT book for free from my friend who used it to study for her MCAT. I started reading it but found that it went into a lot more detail than I felt I needed for the DAT. So, I switched over to Cliff's AP Bio instead. Best decision I made in studying for the Bio section.

Cliff's AP Bio is concise, yet has enough detail to cover almost all (~95%) aspects of the DAT Bio. I think the only two things it lacks are anatomy of the eye and ear, but you can research that on your own.

You should also supplement Cliff's AP Bio with Alan's Notes (google this) as a refresher when Exam Day approaches.

I also got the ExamKracker's MCAT book for free from my friend who used it to study for her MCAT. I started reading it but found that it went into a lot more detail than I felt I needed for the DAT. So, I switched over to Cliff's AP Bio instead. Best decision I made in studying for the Bio section.

Cliff's AP Bio is concise, yet has enough detail to cover almost all (~95%) aspects of the DAT Bio. I think the only two things it lacks are anatomy of the eye and ear, but you can research that on your own.

You should also supplement Cliff's AP Bio with Alan's Notes (google this) as a refresher when Exam Day approaches.

Hey Silly Guy,
Thanks so much for your answer! My test is in three weeks and I have no time to try things out! Good luck on your path!

- Pennypacker
http://youtu.be/N_pcQXO1sbk