ExamKrackers Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

up40loves

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't ExamKrackers Physics get any praise here? I found that the ExamKrackers book explained the concepts better to me than the NOVA physics or The Berkeley Review Physics books which get so much praise here. So I was wondering, would I be okay just using the ExamKrackers Physics book to prepare for the MCAT?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why doesn't ExamKrackers Physics get any praise here? I found that the ExamKrackers book explained the concepts better to me than the NOVA physics or The Berkeley Review Physics books which get so much praise here. So I was wondering, would I be okay just using the ExamKrackers Physics book to prepare for the MCAT?

Thanks!

It depends on how strong your physics background is. EK Physics was not nearly enough for me because I had a horrible physics class and didn't learn much, so it was like I was learning it all for the first time. On the other hand, if you are somewhat comfortable with your physics, it's probably enough.

After reviewing with this book, do a practice test to see how confident you are overall with your physics, then go from there.

Thanks!

EK Physics is amazing. I'm scoring 12+ on all my practice tests and I attribute it to EK.

It depends on how strong your physics background is. EK Physics was not nearly enough for me because I had a horrible physics class and didn't learn much, so it was like I was learning it all for the first time. On the other hand, if you are somewhat comfortable with your physics, it's probably enough.

After reviewing with this book, do a practice test to see how confident you are overall with your physics, then go from there.

So what books did you use to prepare for Physics? Did you use NOVA and EK 1001 Physics questions?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

It's good. However, it doesn't give you enough practice passages. Finally, I didn't like their fluids section very much. The other chapters were good. However, supplement EK. They say angular momentum isn't tested which isn't true.

No, the EK Physics book by itself isn't enough. The problem here isn't the content, but, as Will Hunting mentioned, EK's paltry amount of practice passages. If you have access to practice material (and it sounds like you do through BR and Nova), then EK Physics would be fine for content review since it works for you.