*EXAMKRACKERS PREP COURSE*: Anyone Taken It?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclohexane

cyclohexane
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently halfway through the second year of the two-year Columbia University Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program after having received my BA in Psych from Stanford in '00 and doing some thinking between now and then.

Given my current academic situation and timeline regarding medical school admissions, I have committed to enrolling in a prep course, and am researching between TPR and Examkrackers. Both are extremely conveniently located (one is in my building, the other is across the street) so that is not a point of contention.

From the threads I have read so far regarding MCAT prep courses, I have heard very little about the Examkrackers Prep Course beyond one poster's reference to someone mentioning that (s)he received a 43 after taking the EK Course.

I am curious if anyone has taken the EK Prep Course and whether they would recommend it. Gathering from the rave reviews of the materials, I would imagine the course must be pretty good, and if nothing more, no worse than TPR (and $100 cheaper).

If anyone has any advice/opinions/experience on the EK Course PLEASE POST!

Members don't see this ad.

I never knew there was an EK course, just an EK study package.
But then again I'm taking Kaplan haha....maybe others can tell you more sorry about the useless post ;0

nice name btw C6H12 baybe!

I've heard extremely good things about the prep course, but in the Dallas area-- they are extremely disorganized about getting a location so I'm not taking them.

UserNameNeeded said:
I've heard extremely good things about the prep course, but in the Dallas area-- they are extremely disorganized about getting a location so I'm not taking them.

I have not heard this before but thanks for the heads up. I think that other Postbaccs at Columbia have taken the EK course before, and I just registered this morning, so I will F/U and let everyone know what I think of it.

-cyclohex

Members don't see this ad :)
dmoney41 said:
how'd you register? their website is still jacked for me.

DMoney,

I nosed around google browsing cached pages until I came up with one that listed the phone number for Examkrackers.

1-888-KRACKEM
9am-7pm M-F (CST?)

They can take your registration over the phone and I even left a message (quite late at night) and they called me right back the next day and had a registration form already filled out with my name on it.

The website should be back up by Monday, according to them.

Buena suerte,
C6H12

Still wondering if anyone else has any experience with EK prep course.... please post if you do!