Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

examkrackers question

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by dookbloo, Nov 19, 2002.

1. dookbloo

dookbloo Senior Member

hi,
    i own the 2000 version of examkrackers books. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how similar it was to their current books, and if it would be necessary to upgrade. thanks a lot.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dookbloo

dookbloo Senior Member

4. BobbyDylanFan

BobbyDylanFan Senior Member

i'm not sure how they compare to the 3rd edition books but i do know that they are coming out with all new materials for 2003 (will be avail early january i think). according to their site they are making a lot of changes to their gen chem book ( as they stated "an overhaul" of the material) as they found this book to be their least favorite. also they will make changes to their bio book to reflect the changes in the 2003 mcat. and i think thats about it. you could probably definately get away using the others but i personally would probably buy the new ones (i like new stuff anyways :))

5. wholly

wholly Member

I actually spoke to jon (founder of ek) the other night...he said he has just finished a new edition of chemistry that he said is worth checking out. he said that it is written much better and to take a look at it. other than that, i don't think that much has changed. hope that helps.

6. dookbloo

dookbloo Senior Member

hi guys,
    thanks for the feedback. have any of you actually seen both the 2000 edition and the 3rd edition to make any kind of comparison? that was my real question. thanks

7. jellybeenz

jellybeenz New Member

dook,
    ive seen all of the editions of the examkrackers books. they are all excellent, so any version that you have should be more than adequate. i would say the major changes in the books are mostly just cosmetic. there are some updates, but not enough to make a significant difference for you to buy the new books. hope that helps.

beenz.