ExamKrackers-Track your Progress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is to detail Examkracker progress. It'll help else keep ourselves motivated and how much progress compared to others.

I'll start:

Started preparation on Monday (May 22)

Monday- Read Biology chapter 1 with notes (5 hrs)
Tuesday- Read Chemistry Chapter 1 wiht notes (4 hrs)
Wednesday-Started Biology Lecture 2 wiht notes (2 hrs)
Thursday(today)- Intend to finish Biology Lecture 2 and Chem Lecture 2

Goal: Do a chapter a day alternating between Biology and Chemistry this week and then Physics and Biology next week. Orgo only has 4 chapters so will start in 3 weeks. Registered for Examkrackers course starting June 7. I hope to get a head start so i can work on all the 1001 series.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I am semi following the 10 week study guide. Sunday I took practice exam (AAMC). Monday-I read through Verbal intro and lecture 1, and Bio 1. (not sure of time, but too long. I find it difficult to just read through without studying. Tuesday-I studied Bio 1. (2 hour) Wednesday(I studied Verbal1 (1 hour) Thursday- i intend to study Physics 1.

mdille2 said:
I am semi following the 10 week study guide. Sunday I took practice exam (AAMC). Monday-I read through Verbal intro and lecture 1, and Bio 1. (not sure of time, but too long. I find it difficult to just read through without studying. Tuesday-I studied Bio 1. (2 hour) Wednesday(I studied Verbal1 (1 hour) Thursday- i intend to study Physics 1.

I would just read it once thoroughly and take notes. It takes me about 5 hours to go through one lecture wiht the questions in the lecture. Maybe Im just slow reader or meticulous when it comes to trying to remember everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Avicenna04 said:
chapters 1-3, chemistry, done.

Didn't do the questions though.

The questions take about 2 minutes for all of them, literally! No computations and very basic. How long does it take for you to do each chapter? It feels like im taking forever. But I must say I understand the chapters that I have done well but taking forever. I know if I read it thorugh and not take notes it will be alot faster but Im not sure how much will stick and just in case I want to refer back i can look at my notes.

Good Luck!

rs76 said:
The questions take about 2 minutes for all of them, literally! No computations and very basic. How long does it take for you to do each chapter? It feels like im taking forever. But I must say I understand the chapters that I have done well but taking forever. I know if I read it thorugh and not take notes it will be alot faster but Im not sure how much will stick and just in case I want to refer back i can look at my notes.

Good Luck!

Well how do you study? Do you read, then write down notes? If so, it will take awhile. I do that on material i'm not familiar with.

I just read these chapters though. Didn't take long.

Avicenna04 said:
Well how do you study? Do you read, then write down notes? If so, it will take awhile. I do that on material i'm not familiar with.

I just read these chapters though. Didn't take long.

I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like I am going through the Kaplan stuff too fast. I tend to get through about 3 chapters a day (about 1-2 hours w/ notes and excessive underlining in my books). I also try to review the knowledge from Kaplan by reading through the EK and making notes on missing info. I did a practice verbal test last night from Kaplan and got 41/60. That works out to usually 9 or 10, the lowest being 8 and the highest being 11. I haven't done any full tests yet, but I am starting into the physiology of the bio tomorrow. I think that is going to be my weakest section in bio. I still have to learn genetics, but I took Microbio, Organic, and Biochem this year, so I am comfortable with all that stuff (I'll still study it again, in fact, I did 4 chapters of organic tonight).

I wonder if I am going through this stuff too fast, for those that scored around 35/36+, how did you proceed? Did you take notes insanely, or did you try to learn from the stuff, take notes on stuff you didn't know or didn't remember, then did practice tests the rest of the time. I was going to try to learn everything in May and June, and then just practice in July and August. Is this effective or a waste of time?