examkrackers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brijeshm

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken examkrackers? any recommendations/feedback? I'd appreciate objective views from people who took the course. Please just reply about examkracker material because that is what I am interested in. I didn't intend to imply that Examkrakers was decietful or urged its own employees to respond postively. I simly aimed to attain advice from those that have taken the course and can testify to its merits.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by brijeshm
any recommendations/feedback? Please don't say you love it, if you work for them! I'd appreciate objective views from people who took the course.

LOL... good luck.

I can post the five or six replies you'll get and who will say them if you'd like. It might save you some time.

I am Jonathan Orsay, the owner of Examkrackers. There is no one posting on SDN who works for Examkrackers except me.

There is one person who regularly posts on SDN whom I have paid in the past to find us rooms. This person is not an employee. This person was a student for Examkrackers who had great success. I do not suggest to this person what to post nor do I encourage this person to post. I do not discuss this person's posts before they are posted. I do not read them after they are posted. I have no control or input whatsoever with this person's posts. I find this person to be extremely honest. This person's posts are this person's own ideas and own opinions.

No one at Examkrackers posts on SDN except me. I only post under my name Jorsay. People who post about Examkrackers and say good things probably do so because we at Examkrackers work very hard to keep our customers satisfied.

We are aware that some prep companies pay people to pretend to be students and post fake reviews about their own products and others. We do not do that because I feel that this would be dishonest.

As for Mudd: I am sure everyone knows by now that MUDD works for Berkeley Review. If you view Mudd's past posts, you'll probably come to the same conclusion that I have, that his main mission is to damage our reputation. Apparently, he feels that knocking us will somehow help Berkeley Review.

I would be happy to discuss Examkrackers with anyone who wishes. Alternatively, I find this website to be a good source of open discussion on the merits and demerits of prep courses despite the presence of those very few individuals with ulterior motives.

One more thing: it has been suggested that Examkrackers tried to shut this site down. This also is not true. We do not have such power. We would not try to shut down a site with so much positive discussion about us. We feel that SDN does us a great service by allowing the free and open discussion of prep companies. We never made any attempt, threat, or implication that we would try to shut down SDN. We did request that Mudd be investigated and curtailed in his adhominem attacks on us and that certain posts with false claims about us made by employees of other companies be removed. It is with our reputation as an honest company that we are concerned. We encourage expression of your opinions, whether good or bad. We feel that YOUR honest opinions will result in the promotion of our products.

Again, no one with any affiliation to Examkrackers, except me as Jorsay, joins on any of these discussions. I seldomly engage in any discussions as to allow for the uninhibited exchange of ideas on this forum.

Well, I have to be honest, I didn't think that post would pop up. I predicted altogether different people to show up.

Anyway Mr. Orsay, as long as you wish to make accusations, then please answer this question.

In this thread, you say:
I am Jonathan Orsay, the owner of Examkrackers. There is no one posting on SDN who works for Examkrackers except me.

Yet in a previous thread you stated:
Ok. Jordan told me if I posted once, I wouldn't be able to stop. This is absolutely my last post, but I have to make this post.

It can be viewed by clicking here:

JOrsay saying his partner knows that posting here is addicting

Either both statements are consistent and Jordan has an amazing skill at recognizing addictions in advance, or their is an error in one of the above statements. Which is it?

Second, I have been completely forthcoming that during graduate school I taught for Princeton Review (then Hyperlearning) and that I have tutored for Berkeley Review. I have strong opinions about both caompanies, and I do not hide it or post under any other guise.

As for posting to damage your reputation, I again think your paranoia is getting the better of you. You post at Amazon that Kaplan people are out to get you. I still doubt that the small amount of sales you do there even get noticed by them on their ledger. Your yearly income from Amazon is probably a minor decimal error for them.

Also, if you read ALL of my posts, I have been highly complimentary of your program and feel it is likely better than the corporate ones. I attribute this to your passion. However, I am still convinced that the disproportionate number of people talking about EK materials here relative to the real world is artifiically enhanced. With Kaplan being the biggest company in the nation by far, isn't it odd that the the majority of the people here claim to use EK materials in the materials thread? Spin as you will, that is just amazing odds.

So Mr. Orsay, now that you are back after your fantastic "I will not post here again" comment, will you answer a question you have ignored in the last post. I was let to let it go, but you came raging back in to accuse me of something that just isn't true.

So please, answer this!

WHAT DEGREE DO YOU HOLD THAT ALLOWS YOU TO WRITE PHYSICAL SCIENCE MATERIAL AND PROFESSEXPERTISE?

PS: I still plan to leave the contents of the PM you sent me private, because I made that promise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right on Jon. I haven't taken the EK course but I have the complete set of EK review books and the Audio Osmosis. I have used REA, Kaplan and Berkeley but nothing compares to EK.

Originally posted by heifetz
Right on Jon. I haven't taken the EK course but I have the complete set of EK review books and the Audio Osmosis. I have used REA, Kaplan and Berkeley but nothing compares to EK.

Welcome to SDN heifetz:

I read your other three posts (of your four to date), so I must admit I am bit confused. You are not taking the MCAT until April, but you have been studying long enough to use REA, Kaplan, and Berkeley materials. And now you are using audio osmosis and the EK materials. Having been through all of that material, why aren't you taking the current MCAT? Just a curiosity.

I have been using Ek materials for the past few months. I happen to think they are quite good and I have praised them in a number of posts. But, I cannot back Jorsay on this attack of Mudd.

Mudd has been forthright about who he has worked for in the past and who he currently works for now. However, regardless of his history, and or whether you agree with his posts or not, he has the right to express his opinion. These boards, threads etc.. all exist for the sole purpose of expressing yourself and having a free exchange of ideas. SDN does not exist so weakly founded accusations can be thrown around as fact, and used to impugn a posters or a company's credibility. The accusations that are being used here, spying for so and so, being corporate lackey for this or that company, posters being paid by company X etc... can only be conjecture and do no one any good.

Jorsay, I think if you go back and read some of Mudd's more recent posts you will find that he spoke highly of your company. Which is surprising considering the nature of the exchange you two had in previous posts. I think it was good natured and dare I say, even big of him.

Like I said, Ek has great materials, and I think anybody who looks closely at them would have a hard time denying this. The personal attention given to your products is really unbelievable. But, I also am surprised at your willingness to come on a public board and engage in frivolous accusations and trivial debates, there is far more to lose than to gain by doing so. This reminds me of an old saying "when you play in the dirt you are gonna get dirty". Didn't your momma ever tell you that? or at least your business consultant?

Mudd, as far as Jorsay being officially qualified (with a PhD or MD) to write science material.... it doesn't matter. Degrees don't mean jack@#$, he has written a great review book period. I don't give a crap what is qualifications are. If his materials help me to score higher (and they already have) then how he is qualified is irrelevant.

alright, enough of this. the above is just my opinion.

Mr. Mudd,

I don't believe that I have access to the personal message that I sent you, but I believe that it was something to the effect that I would prefer you not to bash our company; I THINK it was a plea to you to speak honestly and fairly about us. I believe that it contained some personal information about me, but it certainly has nothing that I would be ashamed to say in public. I would prefer that you publicly post all of it now so that we could all read it. I have nothing to hide.

As to your question about my qualifications, I do not hide those either. In fact, I am rather proud of them. My qualifications are on every book that I have written. My experience teaching MCAT physics is unmatched by anyone in the country. I have written thousands and thousands of MCAT practice questions. I have edited and written for other companies. The complete list of my qualifications is on any of the books that I have written. I leave it up to MCAT students to decide whether I am qualified to write an MCAT physics book. As far as I am aware, anyone in this country is ALLOWED to write any book that they wish without any requirement for a PhD.

I had thought that I had noticed some measure of conscience in your tone earlier, and that maybe your attacks were misguided enthusiasm for BR. Thus, my personal message to you (which I hope that you will share with us) with the plea not to attack us without just cause. I misjudged you. You have frequently offered unsolicited bad advice concerning science and MCAT to members of this forum. You have suggested books that you have not read. You have given opinions on prep materials that you have not used. You have offered yourself as an expert when you have no expertise. You have feigned objectivity while carrying a slanted agenda. You are implying that I am somehow dishonest because I feel the need to defend my business from your attacks. All of this while hiding your identity from the rest of us.

For those inexperienced SDNers, I just want to state publicly what most experienced SDNers already know. You are a charlatan.

It behooves no one to pay any attention to the ravings of Mr. Mudd.

Mudd,

Why am I not taking the august/02 mcat you ask. It might have something the do with the fact that kaplan,berkeley and esp. REA did not prepare me to my sastisfaction for the Apr/02 mcat. Of course you can say that my score is entirely up to me and my level of effort put forth, sure. However during my review I also happened to read completely the following texts Campbell, biology/Cutnell & Johnson,physics/ and Brown & Lemay,chemistry and what I found is that most mcat review books just regurgitate what you can find in any college level textbook. I would hope that there would be more to these review books but I was disappointed.

Yes i just recently started to use EK along with Asimov, understanding physics. Asimov, On chemistry and Epstein, Thinking physics, among other books b/c these books explain concepts and make you think intuitively and with reason as opposed to just memorizing countless equations. I would rather understand thourougly the concepts which is what EK material does in my opinion.

Wow i'm up to post #5 yeah

:clap: :clap:

Hey...what is wrong with studying for the MCAT now when you are expecting to take it in April? I have the Kaplan and the Barron's guides that I have looked through. I can say that the Kaplan seems decent, though it definitely leaves out material that I would have expected. The Barron's does not seem up to par with most of what I've even seen on the net. I recently bought Audio Osmosis (I don't have the Exam Crackers books). The info seems good, though the sound effects are REALLY annoying. But this way I don't waste a ton of time every time I need to drive home and back (5 hours each way). I am not studying heavily yet, but I don't think its too soon to at least consider different topics and get a good feel of the exam.

~AS1~

I have been using EK for about 2 months and I think it is phenomenal! I have all the science review books and AO. I read through Kaplan materials and took a 12 week TPR course for the april MCAT and they both were helpfull. But I think EK has prepared me for the MCAT much more and in a shorter amount of time! I am VP of my universities pre-medical society and I have recommended EK to all of our members. BTW~ JOrsay if you happen to read this I thought Jordan's story about nucleosides on AO was hilarious! I laughed out loud in the gym. Keep up the good work!!

Which prep material or course you use is up to you...but, may I just put in my two cents and say that I basically stopped studying kaplan's material when I started using EK. This is just a personal testimony, and I know several others who have found EK to be the most helpful prep. This site is not for bashing, MUDD. Though you may have some spite or jealousy because of Ek's success, you ought to act your age and be mature. EK is the small man in the big market, and as a former economics major, I predict EK to take over the market in a couple of years. I have not seen, heard, or read of anybody using EK and being seriously disatisfied. Moreover, what people post on this site is quite subjective. You probably enjoy supporting your company so much because you can hide in a corner and not show your face. What are your credentials for teaching BK? I would guess a high school diploma. Mudd, it doesn't matter. I would rather learn from someone that virtually aced the mcat uprignt, than a pathetic PhD who opted to take the GRE because he was afraid of the ambigous nature of the cats'. The cats' take guts and it takes guts for a small man to make it in the a big market. Don't ever undermine the ability of the small man, when the small man has wit.

Mr. Orsay,

You have once again attacked my character and not answered the question I posted. You have once again chosen to take this to a personal level, and I am once again going to deny the invitation. Without a doubt, debate gets personal in most instances, but I think you have crossed a line on several occassions. Fair enough, if that is your style, but I will make it a point to comment solely on your relationship to EK.

I will start with your degree. I can only assume that you have no degree in any of the subjects you write about, because you have not mentioned anything to the contrary and you assumed a defensive tone in your reply. "My qualifications are on every book that I have written." and "As far as I am aware, anyone in this country is ALLOWED to write any book that they wish without any requirement for a PhD." are all you have stated. Please note that I never asked if you were allowed to write a book, I simply asked what degree you held. It's a simple question, that can either choose to answer or not answer.

And while I thoroughly agree with 98% of Mr. Z's post (thank you by the way for you candor Mr. Z), I think a degree makes a small difference. It shows that the academic community has recognized your expertise in a subject area. And while an advanced degree does not guarantee anything, the lack thereof can be associated with one who does not necessarily know the topics as well. This has already been demonstrated in the error you made on that exam, followed by your denial and then ultimate confession of error. I commend you on acknowledging your mistake, because as you mentioned in your PM, you didn't have to.

You mention being unmatched at your physics teaching experience. I would propose the name Steve Leduc as a more experienced teacher. As far as I know, Steve was teaching physics for Hyperlearning many years before Princeton Review was in the MCAT business, so unless you taught for Kaplan for many years, I would have to say he has likely taught more. I only once had the pleasure of seeing him teach, and he was remarkable.

As for your personal message, it was not a plea of any kind. As I am sure you recall, you mentioned someone here who has been paid by you and then you told a story about an employee of another company interupting your class. Being that you specifically identify two people, one by exact name, I hesitate to post it. I don't think the listing on anyone's true identity is something that should be done for them. If they choose to do so, that is one thing.

You have frequently offered unsolicited bad advice concerning science and MCAT to members of this forum.

Please show me anywhere that the science I posted was incorrect. This site makes it easy for you to review every post I've made, so it should be quick to find if it's there. However, you have posted six times, addressing vapor pressure and osmotic driving forces one time. The irony here is that you were wrong, albeit very close to the correct answer.

As for MCAT advice, I have a strong opinion. Whether it is right or wrong, it is up to each individual. My opinions are that courses are overrated and charge too much money. They play on people's fears. This goes for every company, even yours and BR's. I assume that independent companies are better than the corporate companies, because the responsible parties are not buffered by a heirarchy of secretaries and managers.

You are implying that I am somehow dishonest because I feel the need to defend my business from your attacks.

I am not saying you are dishonest at all. I have said that you seem paranoid and I have pointed out that you said you are the only one who posts here from your company despite your previously posting a message that implied strongly that your partner posted here. I have not attacked your business, but expressed an opinion that the larger representation here than in the real pre-med community causes my curiosity to rise.

You are a charlatan. It behooves no one to pay any attention to the ravings of Mr. Mudd.

This especially true whenever I compliment EK materials. :) I know you will spin this last comment to prove your point, but I sure hope you have a sense of humor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by hotstuffdb22
Which prep material or course you use is up to you...but, may I just put in my two cents and say that I basically stopped studying kaplan's material when I started using EK. This is just a personal testimony, and I know several others who have found EK to be the most helpful prep.

I do not doubt that EK is far better than Kaplan, based mostly on what I personally know about Kaplan.

This site is not for bashing, MUDD. Though you may have some spite or jealousy because of Ek's success, you ought to act your age and be mature.

So am I to assume that the only opinions allowed are complimentary? By posting a sarcastic comment, I exercise a way to express an opinion I have. If I choose to not step in line with your opinion, does this make me immature? So if this site is note for sharing opinions (including disagreements) and information, what is it's purpose?

EK is the small man in the big market, and as a former economics major, I predict EK to take over the market in a couple of years. I have not seen, heard, or read of anybody using EK and being seriously disatisfied.

If they do, good for them. I too have not heard of any disatisfied customers, but then again, I have only heard of happy customers here. Once I meet a few face-to-face, I'm sure I'll be a little less sarcastic. But until then, I view all the comments with dubious eyes.

Moreover, what people post on this site is quite subjective. You probably enjoy supporting your company so much because you can hide in a corner and not show your face. What are your credentials for teaching BK?

Before jumping in the argument, you might want the facts. I tutored (note the past tense) for Berkeley Review and taught (again, past tense) for Hyperlearning/Princeton Review. I now do private tutoring, mostly for students who can't afford a course. Hence, my credentials for teaching for BK (Burger King?) are none. However, if a slot opened up and I felt any desire to apply, I am sure I would meet their degree requirement. I'm not sure what corner you are referring to, but I can only assume you mean that my screen moniker is not as revealing as hotstuffdb22. Please accept my apology for not listing my name, address, and scial security number.

I would rather learn from someone that virtually aced the mcat uprignt, than a pathetic PhD who opted to take the GRE because he was afraid of the ambigous nature of the cats'. The cats' take guts and it takes guts for a small man to make it in the a big market. Don't ever undermine the ability of the small man, when the small man has wit.

Personally, I'd rather learn froma great teacher who knew a lot about the MCAT. A great MCAT score is not a good criteria for a good teacher. As for getting a PhD out of fearing the MCAT, I know this may sound strange, but there are people who don't want to be a doctor. As for how much guts the cat takes, I'm not really sure. All this time, I thought it was just a multiple choice test.

Jordan is so hilarious in AO. :laugh: ("Hun, be a dear and slide some casserole my way. " )

Does anyone know if they did all those voices themselves?

Originally posted by heifetz
Mudd,

Why am I not taking the august/02 mcat you ask. It might have something the do with the fact that kaplan,berkeley and esp. REA did not prepare me to my sastisfaction for the Apr/02 mcat. Of course you can say that my score is entirely up to me and my level of effort put forth, sure. However during my review I also happened to read completely the following texts Campbell, biology/Cutnell & Johnson,physics/ and Brown & Lemay,chemistry and what I found is that most mcat review books just regurgitate what you can find in any college level textbook. I would hope that there would be more to these review books but I was disappointed.

That's fantastic. You must possess unparalleled willpower to "read completely the following texts," where you have listed three very powerful general science textbooks. Even my undergraduate education has failed to cover significant chunks of these books, yet somehow you've managed to so with ease by yourself. In addition, you've supplemented with review material from three different companies. I'm guessing you've also went through extensively, all of the AAMC material (as this is directly from the makers of the MCAT, and who would be mindless enough to do study everything -but- the official material?). If such is the case, you might want to get checked out for a learning disability (no sarcasm).

I can't imagine anyone with thorough review of 3 renowned textbooks and 3 corporate MCAT books not being sufficiently prepared for the MCAT. You haven't taken the MCAT over yet, but you are already praising EK's review material in advance?

I would rather learn from someone that virtually aced the mcat uprignt, than a pathetic PhD who opted to take the GRE because he was afraid of the ambigous nature of the cats'.

You have insulted a very distinguished and select group of individuals. You've made assumptions with regards to the difficulty of standardized tests and the education of PhD's. Have you taken the GRE? Have you any proof that anything above a minute fraction of PhD's had any intention of persuing a medical field?

I have not seen, heard, or read of anybody using EK and being seriously disatisfied.

Perhaps thats merely outside the scope of your awareness.

EK is the small man in the big market, and as a former economics major, I predict EK to take over the market in a couple of years.

What principle of economics are you using to make this prediction?

Though you may have some spite or jealousy because of Ek's success, you ought to act your age and be mature.

And all the meanwhile, you're telling someone countless maturity levels ahead of yourself to act his age and be mature?

Limit,

Just my opinion

1) First of all college level science textbooks were not put together with the mcat in mind. They can be used as a supplement but not the main text to study from if you want to do well on the mcat.

2) It seems that many prep companies have based their review material on the popular amcas/mcat quote that "the science material covered on the mcat is first year bio, chem, org chem, physics. So prep companies water down the text and give you a condensed form of these texts. It is a mistake in my opinion to study completely from this type of review book b/c I have learned the hard way that the mcat tests alot more than the above stated. Anybody who has taken the mcat realizes this fact.

3) You say your undergrad school science book wasn't as comprehensive as the books I listed. Well that is point exactly, thank you for making it. You see the mcat tests what it deems important which probably isn't given the same emphasis in your textbooks. So you see you may end up studying concepts that will never be on an mcat,probably wont, probably will, definitely will. You need some way to filter out the irrelevant concepts so you can devote quality time to the concepts that the mcat will be testing. EK is the filter. They explain concepts fully and let you know what concepts will most likely be tested so you can do well on the mcat.

4) I would say that Kaplan, berkley and rea helped me to memorize equations and formulas, that's about it. College textbooks provide some alternative reading but lets be real they dont consist of a many mcat-like questions in the chapter reviews. So time to try something else. EK seems to fit what i'm looking for. Practice tests that look and feel like the mcat. Explanations that sound like an actual person speaking not some esoteric remark that is really incomprehensible. And appropriate charts graphs and a math review that involves problems that i've seen on a real mcat. Thank you EK finally someone has published something worthy of the title mcat review.

5) I haven't heard of anybody with serious problems with EK but maybe that's out of my scope of awareness whatever that means
:rolleyes:

or maybe you're being obtuse

damn yall need to get a life. are you sure yall are dealing with the right test. seems to me like yall should start studying for the LSAT, become attorneys, and sue each other for improper remarks regarding the others MCAT prep compnay on SDN message boards.

Originally posted by Mahi
damn yall need to get a life. are you sure yall are dealing with the right test. seems to me like yall should start studying for the LSAT, become attorneys, and sue each other for improper remarks regarding the others MCAT prep compnay on SDN message boards.

That's the first thing I can agree with in this thread.

Mudd,

Of course I'm attacking your character. My ONLY issue is with your character. I don't care about your pompous postings and your misguided science. I care that you are maligning Examkrackers at every opportunity, and doing so in a deceitful, insidious fashion. I care that I sent you a personal message appealing to your conscience, asking you to please not make unsubstantiated attacks, and you have continued with your attacks, and even misrepresented my personal message publicly. I care that you have tried to use the success of my company to sell your own company. I care that someone of your ill repute is discussing the merits of my company, good or bad. Any perceived association with someone such as yourself is bad for my business. I care that you are impugning the reputation of me and my company with no evidence for your accusations whatsoever. I care that your accusations are made as careful implications that allow you just enough protection from a law suit.

Don't you have a job? If you do, and it isn't MCAT, how can you post nearly four times per day on this site? If it is MCAT, isn't the company that you work for concerned that you give so much support to Berkeley and never mention them? You see, Mudd, your character is the issue.

It's Sad, SDN has been and still is a great source of info for me and it seems that all these arguments are just creating confusion as to what info is really genuine. So, Tweetie, if you read this post, I propose that you make an open statement that anybody who is working for an MCAT prep company should be banned from posting under the MCAT discussion forum. Maybe create a forum where they can answer MCAT questions and argue at will :D

Originally posted by JOrsay
Mudd,

Of course I'm attacking your character. My ONLY issue is with your character. I don't care about your pompous postings and your misguided science blah blah blah.

So Mr. Orsay, am I to assume that you will not be telling us about your degree(s)? I have asked you on several occassions, but apparently you don't like the idea of answering this question. Do you even have a bachelor's degree in physics or a comparable subject?

Am I also to assume that you will continue to accuse me of proposing "misguided science" without posting an example? You have said this twice now, yet provided no examples of where my comments on physical sciences were off the mark. I am pompous, and this is a character flaw. But that does not allow your accusation to go without questioning. Please post one example of flawed science, and I will be happy to exchange opinions with you.

For me, this has reached a point of diminishing returns. There was a side of me that enjoyed our science debate last time. I truly enjoyed it, and not just the final outcome. As it stands now, this exchange is pretty sad. I ask you to defend your statements and all you do is insult my character. You have taken this WAY too personally. I sure hope for the sake of your business that Jordan is more levelheaded. I get the impression from a few comments here that he is the funnier one. Then again, I think a rock would also qualify for that honor.

Quit taking yourself so seriously. You really are not half as smart or important as you think you are. You run a small company that's giving the big guys a serious run for their money... no more and no less. You are no doubt an excellent physics teacher, but I think you might have gone a bit too far when you annointed yourself the greatest MCAT physics teacher in the world. I'm not sure you're the best teacher at your company.

If you want to continually tie me to one company or another that is fine, although I'm not sure either would be too happy. But then again, I don't think the owners of the other companies waste their time here. If you feel the need to reply, then so be it. But until you answer one of the following questions, I don't see any need to carry on this exchange.

• 1. What degree do you possess in either physics or chemistry?

2. Where has any science comment I've made here been faulty? Please list a specific example and not a general insult.

3. Do you honestly think you are a better physics teacher than Steve Leduc? Are you a better teacher than Jordan?

Originally posted by Mudd

So Mr. Orsay, am I to assume that you will not be telling us about your degree(s)? I have asked you on several occassions, but apparently you don't like the idea of answering this question. Do you even have a bachelor's degree in physics or a comparable subject?

• 1. What degree do you possess in either physics or chemistry?

2. Where has any science comment I've made here been faulty? Please list a specific example and not a general insult.

3. Do you honestly think you are a better physics teacher than Steve Leduc? Are you a better teacher than Jordan?

Mudd,
This is absolutely ridiculous. 4 posts a day is quite excessive. You may want to seek counseling, or possibly just get yourself a girlfriend (j/k). Seriously, show some RESPECT. I really would not question someone that has published quite a few materials and spends their living in this business. Maybe you ought to get off your ego and perhaps recognize that maybe everything you say is not TRUTH. Probably most of it is, but recognize that maybe their is some error, after all, error is what makes science, science (wait a minute, that sounds like...Socrates? I'm getting too philosophical). This whole degree thing is also quite petty. Maybe Orsay is the best, maybe not...remember the saying, "Theres always somebody better than you", well that goes for all people reading this post. Everyone here needs to eat some HUMBLE PIE... It might ease things... Maybe some apologies too. But lets respect each other, and grow from each other, not degrading, but lifting each other up... You know kids, were lucky this is just a website... aren't we all, in the end, here for the same reason?

Originally posted by ancientmd
Seriously, show some RESPECT. I really would not question someone that has published quite a few materials and spends their living in this business.

Originally posted by ancientmd
Probably most of it is, but recognize that maybe their is some error, after all, error is what makes science, science (wait a minute, that sounds like...Socrates? I'm getting too philosophical). This whole degree thing is also quite petty. Maybe Orsay is the best, maybe not...

First of all, pick a philosophy and stick to it. Why shouldn't someone have the right to question another individuals credentials, or the very least, substantiation for attacks on ones character? Mr. Orsay's credentials are ostensibly based on his MCAT prowess, as he states "A PhD or an MD is no substitute for MCAT expertise" on the back cover of each of his review books. He questions the credibility of certified professionals of science and medicine, isn't it a double standard now to silence Mudd in his relentless queries?

Strictly arguementatively, Mudd has been nothing but helpful to the MCAT students on this forum, with his science insights. He has given tribute to corporate companies other than those he has worked for, alongside his own opinions in accordance with the freedom of speech. In return, the manifold insults he has been handed are hardly worth listing. Before you are next to post one such insult on someone's character, please stash the melodramatic plea for respect and maturity, and realize that such debates/conflicts are a reality of life that many of you will eventually have to deal with yourselves, I hope thats not a frightening revalation.

Originally posted by limit

Before you are next to post one such insult on someone's character, please stash the melodramatic plea for respect and maturity, and realize that such debates/conflicts are a reality of life that many of you will eventually have to deal with yourselves, I hope thats not a frightening revalation.

Thanks for keeping fire burning!

Some of you don't seem to understand. Let me try to explain again.

Mudd is not here to study MCAT. He is here to sell his product. I am not here to sell my product, I am here to try to do some damage control and prevent Mudd from slandering EK. He is implying, without actually saying so, that we pay people to post on SDN. This is a lie. He posts anonymously because this is a much more powerful form of advertising. It is word of mouth. It seems more credible, like he has nothing to gain. Everything Mudd says is calculated to sell his product. He makes implications instead of overt statements so that I can't stop him in court.

This is not a matter of hurting my feelings; this is more like if a patient implied that you had committed malpractice. His lies are quite damaging to Examkrackers. It effects how much money I make, which affects how my family lives, and ultimately may affect whether or not I stay in business.

Notice how subtle his lies are. Notice that I did NOT say that I was the greatest teach in the world. I said that I have more experience teaching MCAT physics than anyone in the country. This is a true statement. Mudd knows what I said, but he twists it to get me to defend myself and take away the attention from his original post that implied that we pay people to post here. Notice that Mudd keeps asking whether or not I have a PhD when it is quite clear that I do not, and I have stated my qualifications. Again, Mudd wants to change the subject. Some of you say "get a life." Guess what. This is my life. I make my living doing this. My business is every chance that I have or that I ever will have. It is every chance that my family will have. Notice that he has lied about my personal message. I have figured out how to find it and I will post it without the incriminating names:

----------------------------------------------------------

As far as I know, ------- and I are the only people that have posted on SDN and been paid by Examkrackers. I have done so only under my own name, and ----- is not paid or encouraged to say what she says. She was paid a couple hundred dollars once to find us a classroom. As a favor to me, I have also asked her to contact you in the past privately about your posts concerning us. I don't believe that she did so. Other than that, she is nothing more than a satisfied student. No one has ever been paid or even encouraged to post on SDN.

I work hard to satisfy my customers so that they will rave about examkrackers. In the mean time, when I want something posted on SDN I will do it myself under my own name and accept the consequences. Just as I posted under my own name on my own books at B&N.com. Just as I posted under my own name in our recent thread. I could easily have posted under someone elses name and take no risk will accomplishing the same goal, but that is dishonest. I don't work that way. I could have left that thread alone when everyone agreed with me and disagreed with you, but I discovered my error and was honor bound to post it. This should be evidence enough for you to believe me.

As for our implications on our own website about other companies, we have strong evidence to make those accusation, (not all of which we are willing to share). For instance, ------------------------------------------------------- Since we are taking responsibility for our statements by posting them on our own website, we are risking our entire business if they are false. I am certain about my accusations.

My very standard of living and my children's education depend upon the reputation of my business. What's at stake for you? I do take these things very seriously. I would appreciate it if you would not make statements that imply that we pay students to post on SDN. We do not. If you have suspicions or accusations, then I would be happy to investigate and discuss them within reason.

Thank you,

------------------------------------

Notice that Mudd's posts above changes my error in understanding what he was saying to a science error.

What Mudd is doing here is quite heinous. Brijeshm has altered his original post, so Mudd's post doesn't carry quite the same implications as when he wrote it, but, after reading my personal message to Mudd, does anyone really think that Mudd was being genuine in his first post on this thread.

When you call my company, I am the one who usually answers the phone. If you think that I am a liar; that I pay people to deceive you, I am lost as a businessman.

This is no small matter. My life's blood is on the line, and if Mudd slips once too often in this game, he will land hard in court and his identity will be made public.

Before you accuse me of overreacting, please think about how you will feel if someone were to publish articles in a medical journal without leaving his name, and the articles implied again and again that you are doing something illegal and immoral pertaining to your medical career. When you assure him that his implications are false and offer to discuss them, he ignores you and continues to make false implications. How serious will that be to you?

Mudd,

Please refrain from making anymore accusations. End of discussion! Now let's just all get along. :)

My own opinion...I love EK. Even though I have never met Jon or Jordan face to face, they have been willing to answer all my questions via their website round the clock. I appreciate all that they do because they are so dedicated in what they do. I took Hyperlearning before and never did I get any questions answered like I would from EK. Heck, I didn't even have to pay over $1200 for all this help I'm getting. And yes, I'm gonna keep ranting and raving about them because they've helped me look at the MCAT in a whole new light. Keep up the good work Jordan and Jon, your students appreciate you! :D

Limit, as a student and a potential customer, or even as a stated competitor, you have the right to question my credentials. I think it was you who said that "Examkrackers Sucks". Right? If it wasn't, I apologize for the accusation. I did not say anything to you when you said this. Nor did I enter the discussion. you have the right to say that. Yours is, I believe, an honest criticism. That is not what has happened in Mudd's case. I welcome your comments and any other legitimate comments. I do not think that it is appropriate for me to enter into such discussions because I think my presence would inhibit freedom of expression. I entered on this thread because Mudd has ulterior motives here and I had hoped that students would believe that we do not pay others to post on SDN.

Mudd knows my credentials perfectly well. I gave the most significant of them here on this post. He asked for them over and over again to change the subject from what he has done. He is very good at deception. I have offered to discuss with Mudd any improprieties that he may think I am guilty of. I have no obligation to do so, but I have nothing to hide and believe that any honest person will see that. He doesn't care about that. He is here to sell his product. Selling his product means suggesting BR and EK because, right now, it is good for BR to be mentioned with EK. This is why I mention Kaplan on my ads. They are number one, and it is good to be said in the same breath as a competitor who is selling more than you. When Mudd can, he will take a shot at EK to try to knock us down a little. If you look at his posts, you will notice that this is how he has operated since he decided that we were becoming popular. Before this, he tried bashing us directly and that had terrible results for him. That is why he changed his name to Mudd.

Again, I am happy to answer any questions to anyone who wishes to email me or call me. I have nothing to hide.

Lets move on!

Orsay, the more you post and reply to Mudd, the less confidence we feel in EK. Please stop and offer any apologies needed.

Mudd, same for you...please offer any apologies to reconcile this discussion.

yeah if you want to do well on the MCAT, you should be studying and taking practice tests from any available sources rather than reading through this thread. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JOrsay
Limit, as a student and a potential customer, or even as a stated competitor, you have the right to question my credentials. I think it was you who said that "Examkrackers Sucks". Right? If it wasn't, I apologize for the accusation.

No, I've never uttered such words; no apology necessary. I own a set of ExamKrackers materials (4 books), have studied from them, and have formulated my own opinions that happen to vary from book to book. I'm also a Kaplan student.

I understand the underlying impetus behind your actions, you have all the right to defend your life, your business, your future. I realize the difficulty of being the small fish in an ocean, because believe it or not I was in a similar position years ago in another field.

There was an individual a while back who posted praises that Examkrackers had helped him raise his MCAT score significantly (and he posted exact scores). On another thread, he was making posts that directly implied that he had not yet taken the MCAT. I have never outright denounced your company, but I am especially suspicious of individuals that post wide-spread praise for ExamKrackers without yet having taken the MCAT. They regard it as the miracule cure and secret formula. There is a student in my Kaplan class who is concurrently enrolled in Examkrackers. After his first few days at EK, he returned to spread the joy to other Kaplan students, one after the other, like a perpetual propaganda machine without an "off" switch. He is entitled to his opinions, but how can he give praises so far in advance, without having yet implemented any newfound knowledge or strategy in a real test environment? These advertisements are based on premature expectations.

Lastly, since I haven't read every one of Mudd's posts, it is certainly possible that I have missed a couple where he may or may not have made negative assertions about your company. What I do remember (and forgive me if I make an inaccurate reference), are your very first posts to this forum debating an issue of science. You wasted no time explicitly attacking Mudd on several levels -- his ability to explain scientific concepts, and his supposed implicit attacks at EK. I presume your appearance and first post coincided with these attacks (or your awareness thereof), if so, I simply don't recall any such accusations occuring at or around that time. I think it would be resourceful of you to post an example.

You and Mudd have argued here extensively and presented your points of view. As someone who has read your acclaimed publications rather thoroughly, I feel that I am entitled to my opinions, and they happen which happen to coincide moreso with Mudd's (not a complete overlap, but I feel he's made valid points, which you repeatedly dismissed as pleonastic affectations).

I have no affiliation with him of any kind, and his anonymity is an issue because he can in actuality be the very worst of what you're describing -- jealously and insidious etching away at what success you've managed to build. I don't believe that to be true though, as a substantial majority of his posts have conveyed neutrality and sencerity in helping mcat students in need, I just happened to be one of them. He demonstrated to me a willingness to help that was free of "hidden promotions" of his company, and that is the reason I am in support of his side of this polemic. It's possible the extremity of his opinions may have leaked out during his many posts, but is it not possible that your interrogation of his rhetoric can be of the source of delusions of persecution?

Kind regards,
Limit

Let me just make clear, that I have very little negative to say about ExamKrackers materials (those that I own, at least). I am merely explaining the reasons behind my earlier posts which may have appeared to be "attacks," but were far from it. If anything, my only beef is with false advertisements that I have experienced first hand in face to face confrontations, such that are based on subjective expectations.

Lets move on!

Orsay, the more you post and reply to Mudd, the less confidence we feel in EK. Please stop and offer any apologies needed.

Mudd, same for you...please offer any apologies to reconcile this discussion.

I agree that although I like EK, I don't feel this conversation is helping it any.

Kiss and make up??

This thread is being closed for several reasons:

(note: some of my personal opinions may be reflected in here, but let's face it...I am the moderator here and if I think something is disrupting the peaceful environment here, I am going to make sure the distraction is removed.)

To start with, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS are going to be allowed on SDN. The people making these attacks should be wary that their posting privileges will be taken away for good. And it goes without saying that the "right to defend yourself" does not include the "right to insult somebody" on SDN. :D That in itself, is reason for me to close this thread.

Secondly, realize that your words on SDN affect students' opinions and confidence, especially those that are going to take the mcat in a week. I DO NOT WANT ANY OF MY STUDENTS DISTRACTED BY FALSE ADVERTISING, IMPROPER JUDGEMENTS OR MISINFORMED INFORMATION. If you have a beef with somebody, take it in private. This is what PMs are for.

There is nothing that EK has to prove, or not prove on SDN. We all know it's a valuable resource, but there will always be those that will not be satisfied with it. Same goes for Kaplan, BK or any other company. However, poor and misinformed judgements on EK company tends to affect the "small man" and results in profit loss. Your situation and right to defend yourself is understandable, JOrsay, but you are making a mockery out of this forum by cleaning out doubts etc in public. THIS IS NOT A COURT OF LAW. I am one to protect freedom of speech, but some of your points could very well be made in private. Furthermore, how many people are you going to stop from expressing their opninions on SDN??? Soon we will have the Kaplan tutors defend Kaplan, and same with BK . . same with . . . .who ever else. There will come a time (God Forbid) when people won't come to this forum anymore because of all the politically correct "let me defend myself" BS on this board. Where are we going from here? Should I be sitting here with my lawyer, making sure all of my words are politcally correct and not contradictory?

So...no name calling and no airing dirty laundry in public. In any case, those of you that are teachers/tutors/lecturers/book authors, PLEASE stay away from expressing your opinions about ANY company ****INCLUDING YOURS****. I think the bulk of the MCAT forum--the students taking different MCAT prep courses--can provide enough information about the company.

I hope I have made myself clear enough.

Tweetie

Status
Not open for further replies.