Examkrackers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wholly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody who is seriously thinking about using examkrackers should stop thinking and just get their materials!!! I highly reccommend them. I know many people who have used them and their scores increased anywhere between 4 and 9 points. I know that I will be using them this coming April MCAT. Just make sure that you do exactly what they say and put your all into it. You will see a huge difference. Check out their website...they have an awesome bullentin board where you can post any MCAT question.:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by bioguy123
If you call them and tell them you can't afford to pay $1300, they will let you take the course absolutely free.

Hmm.. I am too sure about that statement. Remember its still a business. Last time I checked with them they want the whole $1300 paid by the first class. Anyhow I am trying to knock on the two posters, but EK does help but you still have to put in a lot of work just like any other prep company.

I agree with the rest of your statment and will be taking their course in Feburary.

Just my two cents.

Just like any MCAT preparation, be ready to work your a$s off even though the course sells it as a piece of cake. The trick is to pick the course (or review program) that will maximize yer effort; if yer hauling to the library every saturday and sunday to study for it you want to get the most out of it you possibly can. After using EK, I improved 3 points from my score on Kaplan's practices...I think they've got a program that's more suited to my learning style

With EK (AO and the written material) , I have personally seen scores increase from zero to eight points. It a good tool, but IMHO, a significant MCAT comp. increase is rare w/o putting in the time and effort.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by wholly in a thread in the pre-DO forum:
I need some advice with my mcat scores....

• April 2000 8V 7P 5B "L"
    April 2002 6V 7P 8B "O"
    Aug. 2002 7V 7P 5B "N"

Does anybody think that I even have a chance at getting into PCOM? Right now I am in a master's program getting my MBS and have over a "B" average. PCOM is my number one choice, and I really want to go there. However, does anyone think that this is possible??? Thanks

Later...

Originally posted by wholly in this thread:
Anybody who is seriously thinking about using examkrackers should stop thinking and just get their materials!!! I highly reccommend them. I know many people who have used them and their scores increased anywhere between 4 and 9 points. I know that I will be using them this coming April MCAT. Just make sure that you do exactly what they say and put your all into it. You will see a huge difference. Check out their website...they have an awesome bullentin board where you can post any MCAT question.

Combining a reply to both quotes, be careful wholly how much you rest your hopes on outside sources. You are already saying how much some external source (this new prep course) is going to do for you. You need to figure out how to do it for yourself, and use them as a resource, not a foundation. On a good day, you are capable of getting 8, 7, 8. Your goal is to have a good day and be even better prepared, and hopefully beat 9, 8, 9. The course is no doubt excellent (I am 100% certain it beats Kaplan), but it comes down to you. Based on the scores you have to date, there are issues with test taking strategy and perhaps test anxiety. You need to find it in your soul before you fish for it in a prep course.

You have stated Kaplan sucks in a previous thread. Perhaps they do, but your scores are yours, not theirs. If you don't get the scores you desire, will your latest prep course suck too? Make it about what you are going to do differently, not where you plan to spend your money this time.

Mudd i totally agree with you. I personally took kaplan and i am the first to admit that the course did not suck, i did. I did not take advantage of their full library. I did not put the time to get the results so i have to retake the mcat in april. I think that taking it the first time is valuable because i am know able to set the bar now. I am going to study my ass off an i know that i will get my works deserve. I think that if put in your best effort with any of the commercial course, you should be alright. I compare this to people who always have problems with their peers and they sit back and complain about the world. Why don't they step back and realize that their is nothing wrong with the world but they themselves have a problem. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you honestly deserved your score. I did and i know i can do much better. Just my 2 cents :) Any opinions are welcome

Since I don't live in the area where they teach and can't take their courses, I was wondering if anyone's just bought their materials and self-taught their methods resulting in a huge increase in their score.