Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewZealandStudent32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Get to your school's counseling center STAT!

Don't be a noncompliant patient, because you're going have to deal with plenty of those in your career.

Hey guys! So it is now just under two weeks until my exams and my motivation is non-existent. I am repeating the year having failed both the exam and the resit last year so I have to pass this first time if I want to stay on the course. This time last year I was working my butt off and spent more time in the library than I did in my flat. However this year I cannot motivate myself and it is uncharacteristic of me. I think it might be because I am fed up with the material as it is my third time doing it (already sat the exam and done the resit) and I am just so read for a new year with fresh material. However, I am not going to make next year at this rate as I am doing absolutely no work. I go through my notes thinking I know it as I have seen it so many times but obviously I don't otherwise I would not be repeating the year. I then panic, stress out and shut down because I cannot remember anything. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do? Medicine is my passion and I don't want to do anything else, I am so scared that I am letting all my hard work slip away.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! So it is now just under two weeks until my exams and my motivation is non-existent. I am repeating the year having failed both the exam and the resit last year so I have to pass this first time if I want to stay on the course. This time last year I was working my butt off and spent more time in the library than I did in my flat. However this year I cannot motivate myself and it is uncharacteristic of me. I think it might be because I am fed up with the material as it is my third time doing it (already sat the exam and done the resit) and I am just so read for a new year with fresh material. However, I am not going to make next year at this rate as I am doing absolutely no work. I go through my notes thinking I know it as I have seen it so many times but obviously I don't otherwise I would not be repeating the year. I then panic, stress out and shut down because I cannot remember anything. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do? Medicine is my passion and I don't want to do anything else, I am so scared that I am letting all my hard work slip away.

Goro is right.

What helps me: When I'm distracted, doing something other than studying, I think about how I feel. I identify the feeling of being really interested in what I'm doing. Then, I make the conscious effort to apply that feeling to the work I want to be doing. Mindfulness OP.