Excel List of 80 top ranked MD Medical Schools with GPA, MCAT, IS/OOS, Tuition and Fees, Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShenandoahDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

I truly appreciate those who take the time to help out other students on here. I'm applying this cycle and I've compiled a master Excel of the top 80 MD schools with GPA, MCAT, IS/OOS percentages, Financial info on a few, letter info on a few, and more. This info is from StartClass, a free website any of you can access, which they get from school websites. So I don't believe it violates any copyright laws. While I personally have access to MSAR I didn't include any numbers straight from there for copyright reason. But I checked a lot of the numbers and they match up. The ranking you see is the StartClass composite ranking, and there are also the US News rankings listed. Fell free to use this info for your school selection process. Thanks you to those who help each other, I hope this saves you all some trouble!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Med School Data.xlsx
    20.5 KB · Views: 715
Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure there are a few, I compiled this while waiting for experiments to run and I lost track a few times. But I scoured the internet and couldn't find anything like this, so after making it I thought some others might appreciate it. Please post any inaccuracies you see to alert people. But for the most part I'd say its 97% accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there are a few, I compiled this while waiting for experiments to run and I lost track a few times. But I scoured the internet and couldn't find anything like this, so after making it I thought some others might appreciate it. Please post any inaccuracies you see to alert people. But for the most part I'd say its 97% accurate.
All the CA schools have significant errors. Are those MCAT medians or means? Accepted or matriculated? The tuitions are also way off. Where did the "new" MCAT scores come from? Even AMCAS doesn't have them yet. Heck, we don't have them yet.

I cannot recommend using self reported data. The MSAR uses actual AMCAS information for gpa and MCAT stats. Many schools don't update their websites with any frequency and the way they report information is sometimes...embellished.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by "embellished?" They will inflate the stats?

StartSchool stats are wrong. Sometimes very inaccurate.

The new MCAT scores are from a conversion of the percentile that the old score was to the percentile that the new score is. I know that the scores will likely be somewhat different since this is an entirely new test, but there is still some comparative value. Startclass is free, so yes there are probably errors, but that's the price of not posting MSAR info which is copyrighted. I'm guessing that Startclass has data from a year ago so the numbers are a bit old, and that's where inaccuracies are from. But the most recent excel with even a list of all the school names is from 2013 or 2010, so I thought this might be helpful for some people. So fair warning everyone take the numbers with a grain of salt, but they are off by a year or two.

What do you mean by "embellished?" They will inflate the stats?
They can be anything from inflated to deflated.
They can choose any measure of central tendency.
They can choose to list accepted, matriculated or any combination calculated on any date.

The new MCAT scores are from a conversion of the percentile that the old score was to the percentile that the new score is. I know that the scores will likely be somewhat different since this is an entirely new test, but there is still some comparative value. Startclass is free, so yes there are probably errors, but that's the price of not posting MSAR info which is copyrighted. I'm guessing that Startclass has data from a year ago so the numbers are a bit old, and that's where inaccuracies are from. But the most recent excel with even a list of all the school names is from 2013 or 2010, so I thought this might be helpful for some people. So fair warning everyone take the numbers with a grain of salt, but they are off by a year or two.
Avoiding a single inaccuracy (about $100 for a secondary) would make the MSAR a bargain ($27).

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, everyone should buy MSAR. Yes there are inaccuracies. Yes, this is still better than nothing and if people would like to use it then they can. If not, good for them.

This is great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app