Excellent alternative Job opportunities-- Dont need unwanted fellowships !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Dudes...seriously. You guys are really making me scared. Now I am seriously starting to doubt my decision to re-apply to Pathology residencies. At first, I thought you guys were exaggerating the bad job market situation, but after reading the 2013 ASCP article, and doing some goggling, the reality of the matter is now starting to sink in. I like Pathology, but the problem is...I am not young anymore. At the tender age of 37, I cannot afford to gamble with another 5 years of residency, only to find out that I cannot find a job. It is really sad....

Dudes...seriously. You guys are really making me scared. Now I am seriously starting to doubt my decision to re-apply to Pathology residencies. At first, I thought you guys were exaggerating the bad job market situation, but after reading the 2013 ASCP article, and doing some goggling, the reality of the matter is now starting to sink in. I like Pathology, but the problem is...I am not young anymore. At the tender age of 37, I cannot afford to gamble with another 5 years of residency, only to find out that I cannot find a job. It is really sad....

I am glad, my post enlightened you:). Not trying to scare people, but telling the facts.You are welcome !

you are going to go back and retrain at 37?!

that is insane...

Oh you'll be able to find a job. I am sure the LabCorp in Concord will be happy to take anyone who is willing to work at 33% of what the former group members were making.

Oh you'll be able to find a job. I am sure the LabCorp in Concord will be happy to take anyone who is willing to work at 33% of what the former group members were making.

Cruel...cruel...

Yes there is blood in the streets of Concord.

Goggling? :eek: :laugh:

you are going to go back and retrain at 37?!

that is insane...

Yes, it is. But I am running out or viable options. No way can I do FM full-time. I tried to do a "career change" by doing a second residency in Preventive Medicine....but I was completely disappointed. To my "surprise", I found out that there is no such thing as "Preventive Medicine"...and even if there is...no one cares. So yes, I will go for a 3rd residency....I was hoping in Pathology....but now, I am very worried.

Is there really such a thing as an "unemployed Pathologist"?!!! I just find this very hard to believe.

Goggling? :eek: :laugh:

Well I was "goggling" in disbelief when I was googling for Pathology job ads.

Well, don't force it. It's good that you are still in a position to make a good decision for yourself. Consider that a blessing, man!

Well, don't force it. It's good that you are still in a position to make a good decision for yourself. Consider that a blessing, man!

You probably get this a lot but your username is sensational.

Pathologists work till they are about 85 years old. Hell if you hit the job market in your 40s, that would leave you with a 40 year career. :laugh:

Pathologists work till they are about 85 years old. Hell if you hit the job market in your 40s, that would leave you with a 40 year career. :laugh:

If it's so bad out there, why do people wait so long to retire?

You probably get this a lot but your username is sensational.

I actually don't because I'm not around much. Removing this forum from my list of bookmarks was one of the best things I did. But thanks!

The doom and gloom here is depressing but there is truth to it. The level of "doom and gloom" discussion here lacks sophistication and does not truly address the issues that damage our profession and any sort of actionable fashion. Bitching and moaning here is irrelevant because you're dealing with the wrong target audience.

Leukocyte,

Might want to consider rad-onc, especially if you already have clinical experience. Of course doing three residencies is difficult the way medicare reimburses programs for trainees. If you are done with PM you could always join the military. They actually have PM docs.