Excellent Louisiana Academic Opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LSUANESTHESIA

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ochsner-LSU Shreveport is seeking candidates for a rapidly expanding group in Shreveport, LA. Leadership and staff positions available in all areas of practice. Opportunities for research and scholarship, as desired. Level 1 trauma center, community medical center and outpatient surgicenter environments. Active residency program, neuroanesthesia and pain management fellowships. Excellent CRNA group. Flexible schedule and call options available. Average FT salary $400-600K, plus State of LA benefits. Please PM or email CV to [email protected] for more information.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saw the ads on gas work and didn’t believe the salary. Glad I am wrong. That’s good money in general especially for academics.
Some of our people do even more than that. Closely tied to call, extra hours, etc.

How come y’all make such good money? Is it a good pay or mix?
Strong local market, large, well-supported hospital system and physician-led organization. Not adversely affected by COVID and many other variables that impact smaller organizations. Well organized and efficient department.

Reactions: 2 users
Ochsner-LSU Shreveport is seeking candidates for a rapidly expanding group in Shreveport, LA. Leadership and staff positions available in all areas of practice. Opportunities for research and scholarship, as desired. Level 1 trauma center, community medical center and outpatient surgicenter environments. Active residency program, neuroanesthesia and pain management fellowships. Excellent CRNA group. Flexible schedule and call options available. Average FT salary $400-600K, plus State of LA benefits. Please PM or email CV to [email protected] for more information.

Why is average salary range so wide? Dependent on academic rank? Subspecialty training? Hours worked? Call?

I’m from Shreveport and would ordinarily be interested, but I don’t want to move from my current Gulf Coast location.

Everyone says “academic pay/hours/lifestyle sucks” and doesn’t actually go looking beyond their program, where it may suck.
Their loss. There are lots of decent hospitals out there. With low call, reasonable hours, fair pay, good benefits, etc.
This sounds like a great job if you want to be in the south.
That place in Baltimore on the other hand... let’s just say hopefully you’re independently wealthy already.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know anything about LSU New Orleans ? Or any of the other shops in New Orleans ? If so please PM me.

LSU-NO is a CRNA run disaster. Ask them who is doing the regional in their large level 1 trauma center...the residents have to do their crap regional training at the community hospital 25 minutes outside of the city. Hell, the traumas are run by CRNAs too.

Ochsner is an all consuming, giant machine of a corporation.

I grew up in NOLA. I will never go back because I love the west coast, but I have a family member that did an anesthesia fellowship at ochsner. If I ever did go back I would never work with anything associated with ochsner. I have numerous friends from high school that went to LSU for med school and residency training at Ochsner. All of them escaped the second they could.

Your academic options in New Orleans are LSU, Tulane (HCA) and Ochsner. None are good options. Mississippi and texas have far better options.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting as I’m doing icu in the city and asked about staying. Was told, anesthesia was option too.

my icu Gig is pretty awesome so far, but yes I did notice CRNAs have more call rooms in the physician area than any other specialty.