• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Excellent Louisiana Academic Opportunity

LSUANESTHESIA

Jul 2, 2020
  1. Attending Physician
Ochsner-LSU Shreveport is seeking candidates for a rapidly expanding group in Shreveport, LA. Leadership and staff positions available in all areas of practice. Opportunities for research and scholarship, as desired. Level 1 trauma center, community medical center and outpatient surgicenter environments. Active residency program, neuroanesthesia and pain management fellowships. Excellent CRNA group. Flexible schedule and call options available. Average FT salary $400-600K, plus State of LA benefits. Please PM or email CV to [email protected] for more information.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

coffeebythelake

Supreme Commander Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Cleveland
  1. Attending Physician
Ochsner-LSU Shreveport is seeking candidates for a rapidly expanding group in Shreveport, LA. Leadership and staff positions available in all areas of practice. Opportunities for research and scholarship, as desired. Level 1 trauma center, community medical center and outpatient surgicenter environments. Active residency program, neuroanesthesia and pain management fellowships. Excellent CRNA group. Flexible schedule and call options available. Average FT salary $400-600K, plus State of LA benefits. Please PM or email CV to [email protected] for more information.

Why is average salary range so wide? Dependent on academic rank? Subspecialty training? Hours worked? Call?

Nov 24, 2007
The ivory tower.
  1. Attending Physician
Everyone says “academic pay/hours/lifestyle sucks” and doesn’t actually go looking beyond their program, where it may suck.
Their loss. There are lots of decent hospitals out there. With low call, reasonable hours, fair pay, good benefits, etc.
This sounds like a great job if you want to be in the south.
That place in Baltimore on the other hand... let’s just say hopefully you’re independently wealthy already.

Reactions: 1 user

Mehd School

7+ Year Member
May 2, 2012
West Coast
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Does anyone know anything about LSU New Orleans ? Or any of the other shops in New Orleans ? If so please PM me.

LSU-NO is a CRNA run disaster. Ask them who is doing the regional in their large level 1 trauma center...the residents have to do their crap regional training at the community hospital 25 minutes outside of the city. Hell, the traumas are run by CRNAs too.

Ochsner is an all consuming, giant machine of a corporation.

I grew up in NOLA. I will never go back because I love the west coast, but I have a family member that did an anesthesia fellowship at ochsner. If I ever did go back I would never work with anything associated with ochsner. I have numerous friends from high school that went to LSU for med school and residency training at Ochsner. All of them escaped the second they could.

Your academic options in New Orleans are LSU, Tulane (HCA) and Ochsner. None are good options. Mississippi and texas have far better options.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.