SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Excited and Nervous About Interviews

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by JP2740, Sep 21, 2014.

1. JP2740

JP2740 7+ Year Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I have 5 interviews so far. I'm excited to travel around and get to see different places, but I'm kind of ****ting myself too about it. Anyone else petrified of ****ing up the interview or something?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. KinasePro

KinasePro Das it mane 7+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Snap city
    What specialty? Didn't know that many invites were being sent out before the MSPEs.

4. Frazier

Frazier Emergentologist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2009
    US
    MDApps:
    Congrats.

What specialty are you interested in?

5. FIREitUP

FIREitUP 10+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2007
    TBL
    OP is applying IM and had junior AOA and a 260+ board score. Makes a lot of sense that he got interviews before his MSPE. You need to get your **** together, man. you seem to constantly **** bricks and then everything ends up fine. just relax and be yourself; you'll end up okay.

6. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Chief Administrator Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member
    Relax. Residency interviews are much more collegial (in general) than medical school ones.

7. evilbooyaa

evilbooyaa Staff Member Moderator 5+ Year Member

Oct 10, 2011
    You would brag about your interviews less than a week into NRMP being open.

If I knew you in person I would hate you, but this is the internet so it's all good.

jw3600 and Frazier like this.
  8. Ventric

Ventric Physician 7+ Year Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Not nervous at all man, we've worked really hard for this. It is our time to shine. I can't wait to see how other programs are run. I have only seen how my home programs and 2 away programs are run so I am excited to see what is out there.

Plus, 2 of the interviews I have so far are in cities I have never been to. I am pumped to see places I have never been. This is really a once in a lifetime thing if you think about it. We won't have free time to see different cities like this in, literally, YEARS.

Winged Scapula likes this.
  9. jw3600

jw3600 Account on Hold Account on Hold 5+ Year Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Usually a fan man, but good lord. This.