Excuses for Rescheduling Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BucsFan813

Seeking Advice:

Had an interview with my state school for mid-October. Then one of my dream schools offers me an interview on the same date. I originally tried to reschedule the dream interview, but the only feasible date is two months later. So I gave in and confirmed the dream interview.

So right now I am double-booked. What should I say the my state school as a reason for rescheduling the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Just call and reschedule. Its fine. I just had to reschedule my Tulane interview twice in a few minutes. Called, said I couldnt do that date. Called back, said I couldnt do the new date and set a final date. They are fine with it and fully understand time/money/scheduling constraints.

So I called my state school to ask to reschedule and the woman asked me why I needed to. I was in shock for a moment, because I couldn't say "well actually, i received an interview from my dream school." It was very awkward for me. After giving an excuse, she followed up with more questions about my excuse...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, sorry bout the bad advice then. I guess I've been lucky when it has come to rescheduling and admissions staff.

Are you a Floridian? If so when are you going to your state interviews, maybe I'll see you around...

Already had UF. Have FSU on the 6th and USF on the 9th. I did not apply to UM.

No dice. I appied to UM, UF, USF. But my interview aren't until Nov. How'd you like Gainesville?

The city of Gainesville is not my favorite, BUT the com was great. The faculty, students, support staff, and clinical staff all seemed great.

Gainesville is not a type of City where one can happily spend four years of her life, that is a major draw back.

i think it would be okay if you are 21 entering medical school. However, if you're older, married, or enjoy cultural activities, Miami or Tampa are better cities.